No announcement yet.

AU 505 The Power of Fascism - After Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* I hated not being able to engage in early warfare!!!

* Conquest of the home continent WAS too easy... Going back to experiments I did two years ago (!), I think we should always try to see the generation of a KAI on the home continent, which is prolly best done with a less-than-default number of AI civs.

* The lack of cultural expansion in Fascism just SUCKS. I doubt that I will ever play that government again, simply for that reason.

* That being said, I believe that it is a government that should get INSANE unit support, to distinguish it as a warmonger gov from the representative govs... in my last turn of build-up before attacking the Celts, I had 611 units with only 344 allowed. This was perhaps partially due to some last-minute poprushing to get the attack force complete, but still!! :doitnow: Perhaps Fascism should just get FREE unit support? And I agree with the general tenor of discussion: Republic (although I hate it if too early) is just TOO good overall.

* For some reason, I couldn't build a SPHQ, which was a bummer. I built one recently on Communism, and loved it. Even so, I was able to poprush enough on the Celt continent to gain some reasonably productive cities... so, whether Fascim or Communism, I think I am OK with corruption as it stands.

* F-15s are worthless.

* I'm pretty sure Dom's comments re Armies were off-target... AFAIK, we have them set for one unit only, 4 extra hp, and combat bonii. I saw a number of really good AI uses, btw, inlcuding Light Cav, Heavy Cav, Guerrilla, and MechInf.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Are you suggesting any changed to the F-15?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
        Are you suggesting any changed to the F-15?
        No, not yet, but that bears some thinking.

From a GA perspective, it is so late in the game as to be virtually useless.

Otherwise, it might be neat if it were as powerful a weapon, against EVERYTHING except stealth platforms, as it is in the RW. That would've been sort of fun, to think of it, against the Celts: deploy my 30+ F-15s, and own the skies.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

::walks meekly in::

Originally posted by Theseus
          From a GA perspective, it is so late in the game as to be virtually useless.
          I don't recall enough of your posting history to know if I will be preaching to the Pope (he generally behavior better than most choirs I've met...), but in terms of triggering an American GA you are - from what I have experienced playing the Americans almost without exception in vanilla Civ3, and some in C3C - probably better off doing a wonder-driven GA than waiting for the F-15, which I never built much anyway when I played the Americans.

The good thing about this is that you can fight and fight and fight to your heart's content without worrying (knowing, in the case of several UUs) that your best unit is going to trigger a GA when you don't want one. The bad thing is why I never play religious civs anymore: you build a wonder because you want it, but you have to deal with an inopportune GA.

::walks meekly out::

Comment

OT:

I don't recall enough of your posting history to know if I will be preaching to the Pope

No, Theseus is the Cardinal...

(of Hurricane, IIRC)
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
              * For some reason, I couldn't build a SPHQ, which was a bummer. I built one recently on Communism, and loved it. Even so, I was able to poprush enough on the Celt continent to gain some reasonably productive cities... so, whether Fascim or Communism, I think I am OK with corruption as it stands.
              You need Espionage to build the SPHQ. Did you have it? If yes, and still unable to build the SPHQ, then you might have been playing with stock rules.
              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

late thoughts

1. I liked the restriction of no conquest unless in (a particular govn) fasc, might use this again in the future, perhaps non-rep governs.

2. Keeping peace through trade works, just dont get too greedy.

3. I see no value at present in Fascism, it was another intesting restriction to a standard conquest / dom game, but I have not been converted.

4. I made some effort through tech trading to keep the other continent balanced, and easier to conquer later, but the post game movie showed a significantly greater number of cities trading hands than I am used to seeeing, until Russia dominated. Then again, I dont often hang on until the late modern era.

5. The most interesting part of the game, was an (too?) early move to Fasc, followed by a low unit number war with Rome to capture key strategic resources (coal & saltpeter). This is when the game might have been lost.

6. F15s are resonably weak, but they come so late its no big deal. I thought they had stealth attack? If they had lethal land bombardment as well, that would make playing with them different.

Comment

Working...
                X