Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provinces (Management & Size Limitations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan US state could be seen as non-contiguous as well as before the introduction of maine as a state it was part of Massachusetts I believe or one of those states around there that didn't border it.
    Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
    Mitsumi Otohime
    Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Michigan is connex from my point of view. The non connexity part is water, not foreign territory, and at the scale of clash it wouldn't even be visible on the map. It's exactly like an island.
      As for Maine, it illustrates my point that being one non connex province eventually turns into several connex provinces.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
        Michigan is connex from my point of view. The non connexity part is water, not foreign territory, and at the scale of clash it wouldn't even be visible on the map. It's exactly like an island.
        As for Maine, it illustrates my point that being one non connex province eventually turns into several connex provinces.
        Well that's eventually, not immediatly.

And its okay by me, if as said earlier these provinces have inertia after they get setup and the player can't just redistribute them at a whim. That doesn't mean if i have a 1 tile province it will always be a 1-tile province, but just because it could be better organized in a larger area shouldn't mean that it automatically (or by player command) it is.

By the same token, provinces shouldn't be divided (except during war settlements) because of political differaces automaitccaly, but it might tend toward such over time if nothing is done to make things better.

For Michigan and Maine example, there is a waterway inbetween that doesn't need to go through other terriroty so it helps, but ultimatly unless its quite small or sparely settled a land conendtion should be needed.
        Mitsumi Otohime
        Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Well that's eventually, not immediatly.
          I always said: If you have several squares that are not contiguous, they should probably be separate provinces, or become so after a time.
          but just because it could be better organized in a larger area shouldn't mean that it automatically (or by player command) it is.
          Yes, the way provinces change should have some inertia. Ir should also probably be forbidden in certain scenarios (historical).
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I always said: If you have several squares that are not contiguous, they should probably be separate provinces, or become so after a time.
            Well, they shouldn't always become seperate, just tend to as long as they can maintain contact and have similar idelologies, just as countries, they could stay together indeffinatly. However, in the cases of islands or coastal areas this doesn't tend to work for long even with good communication and transportation. Things do change. But theoriatically if all the conditions are right, they could last indefinatly.
            Yes, the way provinces change should have some inertia. Ir should also probably be forbidden in certain scenarios (historical).
            I don't know about forbidden unless your going to have a subset provinces. There are always cases that capturing specific territory within a province is more important than the entire province and capturing the entire province would be a detriment, but a specific piece might be quite useful.
            Mitsumi Otohime

Comment

Working...
            X