X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 4: The First War

Trade
    Whoha (3)---> Jonny (9 gp/27 gp)
    muxec (3)---> Spaced Cowboy (21 gp/45 gp)
    Jonny (3)---> Whoha (9 gp/27 gp)
    Smiley (5)--> Spaced Cowboy (75 gp/125 gp)
    Vlad (3)--> Kassiopeia (21 gp/45 gp)
    Spaced Cowboy (5)--> Smiley (75 gp/125 gp)
    Kassiopeia (5)--> Sparrowhawk (75 gp/125 gp)

Wonders
    Tower of Babel -- Spaced Cowboy (J3) [Dude Ranch]
    Colosseum- Spaced Cowboy (I3) [Cowtown]
    Trojan Horse- Spaced Cowboy (J4) [Austin]
    Acropolis- Sparrowhawk (C9) [Falcon]
    Silk Road- Spaced Cowboy (J3) [San Antonio]

Technology
    #6 Religion (20)
    #7 Espionage (39)
    #8 Industrialization (63)
    #9 Representative Government (136)

Code:
    Society Cities Tech Army SS Parts Nukes SDI Gold
    Muxec 3 6 0 0 0 0 163
    Whoha 5 5 7 0 0 0 209
    :) Smiley 4 8 4 0 0 0 487
    Spaced Cowboy 10 8 0 0 0 0 474
    Vlad Antlerkov 5 5 9 0 0 0 217
    Jonny 6 5 12 0 0 0 148
    Sparrowhawk 7 8 0 0 0 0 407
    Kassiopeia 6 8 5 0 0 0 516
    Last edited by DarkCloud; December 6, 2004, 12:52.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• *And now Sparrowhawk has more gold than anyone else

---

map.
      Attached Files
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I didn't check anyone else's gold, but I think I should have 405.

[(Cities 7 X Tech 8) X (10 Republic)] / 2 (revolution turn) = 280
        + Trade Income from other Societies 125 = 405

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Not sure I understand the numbers in this section:

Originally posted by DarkCloud
          Trade
          Whoha (3)---> Jonny (9 gp/27 gp)
          muxec (3)---> Spaced Cowboy (21 gp/45 gp)
          Jonny (3)---> Whoha (9 gp/27 gp)
          Smiley (5)--> Spaced Cowboy (75 gp/125 gp)
          Vlad (3)--> Kassiopeia (21 gp/45 gp)
          Spaced Cowboy (5)--> Smiley (75 gp/125 gp)
          Kassiopeia (5)--> Sparrowhawk (75 gp/125 gp)
          I am guessing that the first number is the number of caravans , the second number is the Cost of the same caravans and the third number is revenue, but I am not sure about any of the "Cost" numbers if that is what they are.

For instance, Whoha and Jonny in the first line....they both had tech 3, so the cost should have been (3+3)*3=18. The revenue would be as calculated (3*3)*3=27.

I think it is the same for all of them, but that has me wondering is the second number is actually Cost or something else entirely???
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Ditto,

you gave me too much this time. Spent all my gold last turn so for the cities it is:

6cities*8tech*5multiplier=240
            tower of babel = 8^2 = 64
            trade from smiley = 125
            trade from Muxec = 45

total = 474

Note: I thought it was worse until I saw the trade from Muxec.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Sent.

Comment

• Another question.......Jonny's chart shows he has 3 cities and tech 5, but the map shows 6 cities. The turn summary also seems to indicate 6 cities, and you do not show any new tech development for Jonny. I am assuming he has 6 cities and is at tech 3, but it would help if you could clarify (Jonny or Darkcloud).

Thanks,
                Sparrowhawk

Edit: Orders sent on the assumption that I have 407 gold at the start (405 as calculated above plus 2 gold left over from last turn)
                Last edited by Sparrowhawk; December 5, 2004, 17:59.

Comment

• Orders sent, hopefully not last this time.
                  oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• For instance, Whoha and Jonny in the first line....they both had tech 3, so the cost should have been (3+3)*3=18. The revenue would be as calculated (3*3)*3=27.

I think it is the same for all of them, but that has me wondering is the second number is actually Cost or something else entirely???
                    The thrid number is the revenue for the trading partner...

Maybe I misunderstood the rules- I thought that the trader has to pay the cost, therefor only receives 9gp... and the receiver gets the full benefit... 27 gp.

I am guessing that the first number is the number of caravans , the second number is the Cost of the same caravans and the third number is revenue, but I am not sure about any of the "Cost" numbers if that is what they are.
                    That's wrong. First number is the # of caravans, 2nd is the benefit to the sender, 3rd is the benefit to the receiver.

---
                    Also fixed Jonny's gold... i had written 200, but on recalculation, it's 148.
                    -
                    i had no idea about the revolution rule and will fix that.

-
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkCloud
                      The thrid number is the revenue for the trading partner...

Maybe I misunderstood the rules- I thought that the trader has to pay the cost, therefor only receives 9gp... and the receiver gets the full benefit... 27 gp.

That's wrong. First number is the # of caravans, 2nd is the benefit to the sender, 3rd is the benefit to the receiver.
                      -
                      Nope, you understood the rules just fine, I just didn't understand your summary, now that I know what the numbers stand for, it all makes perfect sense to me (and in hindsight, I should have been able to figure it out now that you have explained it, it seems obvious ).

-------------------------

As for the Revolution discussion, it cause some confusion in the game I gm'd (IV) as that was the first time we allowed something during a revolution turn. In previous games you only collected Tax, nothing else (I think...... Smiley or someone can correct me here), but in the IV game, we allowed one phase of production as well, which seemed too much if the person was also allowed to collect full tax, so it was adjusted to either full taxation and nothing else, or one phase of production and 1/2 tax (as if the person didn't collect any tax they would be unable to do anything on the following turn.

Hopefully Spaced can read this and explain if he did the same in the last game (V) as it probably has never been written into the ruleset.

/me

Comment

• No, I went with 1/2 tax and one phase. Never heard of the whole tax and no phase....are you sure you're not trying to make up rules as we go along...again?
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Nope.......not yet but if you would like me to I would be happy to make up some more to make this a little more confusing

Edited to add a link to Society IV and the discussion of Revolutions:
                          Here is a link to game IV where the topic of Revolutions was discussed between Smiley and I (no one else offered an opinion on the topic).

Basically this was just before the first revolution (Gamecube) and from his revolution and on to the end of the game I allowed either one phase + half taxation or full taxation (the "one phase" becomes the other half of the taxation).

Not sure if this helps any or not, but this is what I did anyhow.

/me
                          Last edited by Sparrowhawk; December 6, 2004, 21:56.

Comment

• BUMP.......

and judging by the posts since the Turn summary, only Whoha, Vlad Antlerkov and I have our orders in so far, but I am guessing that there are more in then that??

Are we waiting on one or more of the players (Smiley, Muxec, Spaced, Kassiopeia or Jonny) or on Darkcloud to do the next update? (and not criticizing either way, this game takes a while, just trying to get a feel for where we are at.

/me

Comment

• You're probably waiting for me. It'll take a few hours at least.
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally revolutions were complete nil turns, where one didn't collect taxes and couldn't build anything. (They still could recieve trade).

This made the cost of Revolution prohibitively high, and most players either 1) built the Acropolis, which allowed at the time change to Republic without nil turn; 2) Changed to monarchy early and stayed there to the end; or 3) Stayed in Despotism until Republic was available.

The current system offers better balance between the Despotism-->Republic vs. the Despotism-->Monarchy-->Republic routes. How early alliances figure into this equation is a whole different story that we'll find out in the course of this game.

Sent, by the way.
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X