Society VI: Clouded Visions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by civman2000
    Change vlad's color in the chart; his line is currently very hard to read.
    The funny thing is, mine is probably the EASIEST to read for me (largely because I use the MOO3 style).

Oh yeah, sent.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
      Change vlad's color in the chart; his line is currently very hard to read.
      Agreed... that black on blue is hard on the eyes.

And orders on the way.

Comment

As a past GM and map maker I support the phaseout of 0,0,255 blue for a 0,192,255 blue.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I'll deal with the other stuff later- but yes the map wraps top and bottom.

here's the new map.
          Attached Files
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Best part of the wraparound all sides map is that everyone can see themselves at the center of the world!
            Attached Files
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Looking at the map, sent (my initial orders stand).
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sent.

And FWIW, the wraparound makes the world into a torus. Could you try mapping the world in that way, Smiley?
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

No.

Comment

fixed vlad's colors. sorry about the slow update.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Day 1: The Founding

DAY 1: The Founding

And thus the nations were founded.

In the ancient age of 4000 BC, the Emperors, Despots, and Dictators put their people to work.

In the Empires of Vlad Antlerkov, Smiley, Spaced Cowboy, Sparrowhawk, and muxec, scientists were put to work, inventing new technologies such as IRON WORKING.

Kassiopeia, Jonny, and Whoha constructed new citadels to house their burgeoning populations.

And finally, even though dictator Vlad, Spiritual Leader muxec, and others pledged golden coins to the construction of the Tower of Babel- Emperor Spaced Cowboy and the Empire of the Dudes built the wonder first, humilitating the others.

The Players

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vlad Antlerkov-
                      Dictator of the The Empire of Somewhat Moderately Evilness

-The Evil Capital (J9)

Spaced Cowboy
                      Emperor of The Empire of the Dudes

-Dude Ranch (J3)

Whoha
                      Dictator of The Most Evil of Empires

-Greater Nukistan (C3)
                      -Lessser Nukistan (C4)

Smiley
                      President-Emperor of The United States of Canada

-Montréal (J6)

Jonny
                      Emperor-For-Life of The Empire of Enlightenment

-Siddhartha (C6)
                      -Gotama (C5)

Sparrowhawk
                      King Sparrow of the Coven of Hawks

-Falcon (C9)

muxec
                      Spiritual Leader of The Not So Bad Empire

-Grand Citadel (F2)

Kassiopeia
                      Overlord of Imperial Finland

-Helinski (F10)
                      -Suomithreadii (G10)
                      Last edited by DarkCloud; November 22, 2004, 18:46.
                      -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Day 1: The Founding

Wonders
                        Tower of Babel -- Spaced Cowboy (J3) [Dude Ranch]

Technology
                        #2- Iron Working (2 gp)

Code:
                        Society Cities Tech Army SS Parts Nukes SDI Gold
                        Muxec 1 2 0 0 0 0 12
                        Whoha 2 1 0 0 0 0 10
                        :) Smiley 1 2 0 0 0 0 12
                        Spaced Cowboy 1 2 0 0 0 0 14
                        Vlad Antlerkov 1 2 0 0 0 0 12
                        Jonny 2 1 0 0 0 0 10
                        Sparrowhawk 1 2 0 0 0 0 12
                        Kassiopeia 2 1 0 0 0 0 10
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by DarkCloud; November 20, 2004, 15:14.
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

there... finally... at long last-

now let's do it again!

-dc
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Question: How is wonder income calculated?

Tax Collection: City Income / Wonder Income. Government bonuses are applied at time of tax collection. A Republic generates 10 gold * cities * tech, for example.
                            doesn't make sense to me?
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

To fix/balance: at the first turn many players try to build tower of babel and all spend only 1 gold on it... The first to send wins... Not so good situation...
                              money sqrt evil;
                              My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

I think the confusing part is the "/" which should be either a "+" or perhaps "and".

Basically (or this is how I interpret anyway) the Wonder income is adjusted for Government the same as Tax Collection. Therefore in addition to his regular tax collection that we all get, Spaced Cowboy's calculation should be something like:
                                (1 city x tech 2) x 5 (despotism) = 10 gold
                                + Wonder Income (for the Tower): Tech 2 ^ 2 (squared) x Government level = 4 Gold
                                (x 1 Despotism); (x 1.5 Monarchy) (x 2 Republic)

Same fomula for any other Gold Generating wonder.

/me hopes he is answering the question asked and not rambling
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X