Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardees says Forget about the Diet Food Craze at Fast Food Restaurants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardees says Forget about the Diet Food Craze at Fast Food Restaurants!

Hardee’s serves up 1,420-calorie burger
    Fast-food giant skips diet craze, creates fat-filled sandwich
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 12:47 p.m. ET Nov. 16, 2004

ST. LOUIS - As many fast-food chains introduce healthier fare amid fears of being sued, Hardee’s is serving up a hamburger with 1,420 calories and 107 grams of fat.

St. Louis-based Hardee’s Food Systems Inc. on Monday rolled out its Monster Thickburger — two 1/3-pound slabs of Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun. The sandwich alone sells for $5.49, $7.09 with fries and a soda.

The introduction comes at a time when McDonald’s Corp., Wendy’s International Inc. and other fast-food giants have broadened their offerings of salad and other lower-calorie fare amid concerns that the industry could be held legally liable for America’s obesity epidemic. Last year, a federal judge in New York dismissed two class-action suits blaming McDonald’s for making people fat. McDonald’s was also skewered earlier this year by “Super Size Me,” an award-winning documentary that targeted the fast food industry.

Even before the new Monster Thickburger, the chain offered five sandwiches with 1,000 calories or more, and eight overall that have more calories than what was once the big-burger standard — McDonald’s 600-calorie Big Mac.

“Maybe this is a smart strategy because there are still folks out there who care about the taste and size of their sandwich, and less about their weight,” said Jerry McVety, president of the restaurant consulting firm McVety & Associates in Farmington Hills, Mich.

In trading Monday, shares of Hardee’s parent company, CKE Restaurants Inc., closed up 13 cents, or 1 percent, at $12.63.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

MMMMMMM... Monster Thickburger!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

UGGHH!

And this is from someone who most certainly does not believe in eating healthy.

Still, some moderation is called for.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: Hardees says Forget about the Diet Food Craze at Fast Food Restaurants!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Monster Thickburger — two 1/3-pound slabs of Angus beef, four strips of bacon, three slices of cheese and mayonnaise on a buttered sesame seed bun. [/q]

MMMMMMM... Monster Thickburger!
      Sign me up! This beat a double whopper w/ cheese by 500 caloiries.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Man, I wish there was a Hardee's around here... I'd ask for extra "butter"
        Monkey!!!

Comment

That is a sweet looking burger......

A big thumbs up to Hardees. At least some companies still realize what people who go to fast food restaurants want.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
            That is a sweet looking burger......

A big thumbs up to Hardees. At least some companies still realize what people who go to fast food restaurants want.
            A slow death?
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              Man, I wish there was a Hardee's around here... I'd ask for extra "butter"
              Hardee's = Carl's Jr.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

A slow death?
                  Slow and tasty. The only way to go.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Hardee's = Carl's Jr.
                    Really?!! I am so there!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I could do this without the bun. Mmmmm, monster thickburger, Atkin's style.

Comment

With that burger the bun is more like window dressing
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Really?!! I am so there!
                          To the best of my knowledge, yes. Carl's Jr bought Hardee's some time ago, and there's been a convergence on their menues. You might want to call first, though.

Comment

Hardee's

Their western thickburger with the onion rings and barbeque sauce was awesome

Comment

$5.49, $7.09 with fires and a soda. How much with a side order of Heart Attack?
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X