Tell Me More About Apolyton Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me More About Apolyton Plus

Is it really worth it. I've been thinking of throwing a little support polys way, but what are the most convincing reasons for me to subscribe.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

See the testimonials: http://apolyton.net/members/?action=test

In summary, most important advantages:

1) You're supporting the site
    2) The whole site becomes faster to use
    3) No ads -- pop-up, redirect, banner or otherwise
    4) Bigger avatar (if you care about that)

As for myself, as a heavy PM user, I'll add that I absolutely love the extra PM storage space and the higher maximum length of PMs.

Plus Markos keeps adding more 'minor' features on a regular basis (see http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=116530)
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

By far the biggest selling point is that you will be helping Poly.

Aside from that, you will not be subjected to ads ever again.
      Larger avatar.
      Not subject to load limits to the extent that non-subscribed people are.
      Not subject to flood control.

These are some of the benefits that I find really nice, but of course there are many more.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

here's the list of benefits (i forget a couple on that list )...
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          here's the list of benefits (i forget a couple on that list )...
          http://apolyton.net/members/?action=details#benefits
          Yeah I went ahead

Any chance we can change the supporter/inmate tag to something unique any time soon?
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

It certainly would be neat if there was a PHP script or something to generate custom title bars.

Though we do already have avatars.

Comment

yes, you DO have avatars (and bigger ones)

the plus icon is to show your status as a great human being

Comment

Nevermind that it's what the people want...
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I was going to do this until I looked at the price

And the only reason I wanted to do it was for the larger avatar .

I just feel the lifetime membership is waaay too high a price.

Comment

well, it WILL last you a LIFETIME

Comment

But if he happens to die next week...

On the other hand, if he died next week its not like he would need the money anyway.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Read some of my slogans here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...39#post3401739

Maybe they will give you the extra kick to join

Comment

I'm considering to sign it too, but I'm having some financial problems right now, so perhaps I'll do in the next year...
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

And the only reason I wanted to do it was for the larger avatar .

I just feel the lifetime membership is waaay too high a price.
                            I didnt get a lifetime membership. I picked a less expensive option to see if I like the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              i forgot to note that you can start your ApolytonPLUS Experience with just $2

Comment

Working...
                              X