Posts repeating themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts repeating themselves

Often when I submit a long post with lots of quotes (example: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...59#post3402959) it seems to display parts of the post again, as though it is repeating itself. Do other people get that?

I'm running Firefox with pipelining enabled on XP Home if that makes any difference?
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

I think you just suck at cut-and-pasting.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I have seen that happen. Reloading gets rid of the repetition.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

PEBKAC
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Reported it a couple of days ago, didn't get an answer.

-
          PEBKAC??
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

UR, not always, especially with larger posts.
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Re: Posts repeating themselves

Originally posted by Whaleboy
              (example: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...59#post3402959)
              what part is repeated in that thread?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Screenshot?
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Here's one.
                    Attached Files
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Hmmm did it disappear after you refresh of scroll it out of sight and scroll it back? Or did MarkG actually have to edit it out?

I mean, the sentence was so good it is worth of saying it twice.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Never seen this, and I use Firefox myself. What is pipelining?
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Snowflake, the post I link to, as with the others I have noticed it with... the repetitions remain after reloading scrolling, rebooting, clearing cache, everything I could think of, except loading it in IE which I'll try in a bit.

Pipelining is this experimental feature in Firefox that speeds things up by about 30% in my case. Go to "about:config", change "network.http.pipelining" to "true", "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to "8", "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true". Restart firefox and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake
                            Hmmm did it disappear after you refresh of scroll it out of sight and scroll it back?
                            Nope, I only now made the picture while I reported it a couple of days and have seen it many, many times.

Firefox 1.0 RC btw
                            XP Pro

Comment

I've seen this. It always goes away with a refresh.

Comment

Working...
                              X