No announcement yet.

Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia surpasses all other nations in military strength, save the French. We are, however, not afraid of the French military might as we have no aggressive attitude towards the Republic. But we feel that war cannot be fought just for the sake of it, but must have a proper justification.

We know France is at war with the Ottoman Empire and we hope that their goal for entering this war was to support the righteous Russian struggle to bring freedom, peace and prosperity to the Balkans.

We fail to see the reason for the French aggression on Austria, however, except as pure imperialism.

Russia would like to be proven wrong in this instance, as we hold our friendship with the French people dear.

Comment

• Ahh, the hungry Republic... Sad, so very sad.

Paddy, are you ever going to answer my PM from last week?

Save to Chrisius.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• The Austrians are at war with us.

And I am at war with the Ottoman with you Russia

We are strong in this, as has been shown in the battles with Ottomen forces in the past year, and will hopefully be proven once and for all in the very very near future

Lord Modo, my apologises, being out here on the front lines, well would you believe that I have been just a tad busy this past week

I have sent urgent despatch riders back to Paris for this communication, and thus will reply to you in the coming days
        Thank you for your patience with me
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
          The Austrians are at war with us.

What, they declared war on you?

Like Poland declared war on Germany at the beginning of World war II

Comment

• well ahh

here have a smoke

see now, do you want a donut?

/me passes Czar Ljube a block of chocolate and three fresh warm jam filled donuts

they are just perfect for after a long smoke

now to carving up this ottoman empire

where do you want my lads to attack?
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Onwards to Prussia
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• so many leaders in such a small land
                Last edited by Paddy; November 12, 2004, 14:57.
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Save to Ljube.

The Prussians keep their heads down in this flurry of words.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                    The Prussians keep their heads down in this flurry of words.
                    Oh, but please, don't. King Modo is sure not only he would like to know the reasons for your war with Austria. Did they atack or did you? Either way, what caused it?

Comment

• Sent to Paddy.

As for the "carving up this ottoman empire", we are only interested in liberating the Orthodox Christians. This includes cities of Belgrade, Mostar and all other cities in the Balkans.

We advise the French to stay clear of these cities, as the local Serb populace might not consider French forces liberators.

Comment

• I have the turn

and as you may be aware I am not at home this week

I am on a laptop that is operating version 1.22

yet is not opening all games which is strange

I am not sure what is going on

here is a screenshot of what is coming up, then the Civ program closes down

any ideas?
                        Attached Files
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Some files might have diferent names with and without PTW installed prior to Conquests. Try changing the Knight.ini, so that it points to the sounds that are present (might be in the Art\Units\ folder of Civ3 or PTW or Conquests; might have a slightly different name). This is scenario-independent, so you won't be doing anything harmful to the save.

Comment

• 17 games so far

all very sad

If I had known I was going to be away this long I would have brought my PC

I will try this later
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I'll try loading the save when I get home in a couple of hours and post the screenshot.

EDIT: Do you need a sub Paddy? I can sub for you in your other games if you wish. Send me the list of games and passwords on my email

EDIT 2: I checked the save and there is nothing wrong with it. I loaded the game and was prompted to enter French password.
                              Last edited by Ljube; November 17, 2004, 11:37.

Comment

• My previous mail server had some issues (some e-mails mysteriously disappearing), so please don't use that address anymore. I have a new account. From now on, please send e-mails to:

a TOD sawicki TOD private TA wp TOD pl

And one more thing. Paddy, get back home already. Please.

Comment

Working...
                                X