Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asap old asap

thank you one and all for your continuing patience with me in this situation
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• and onto Lord Modo
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• With great pleasure, we wish to announce, that, as of today, the great Empires of Britain and Russia are officially bound by a Mutual Protection Pact. A Right of Passage agreement has been signed as well. This means, that any aggressive action against one country will draw immediate, forceful response from the other. And, as sad as we feel about it, this will probably mean a war between England and the Ottomans.

There is a matter, that has us very concerned. Some very disturbing news come to Britain from Austria. Not only have they been attacked by Prussian forces. Now, the French people began aggressive conquest of the country as well. What is going on in Europe, we ask?! How much more terror will be sown by warmongering France? Please, let us stop this insanity.

Signed, His Majesty, Ruler of Britain, Ruler of the Seas, King Modo
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• You be quite funny old chap

The war with Austria and the Ottomen has been on for some time, as we are all sure that you are aware
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Well, apparently the Austrians weren't worried enough until recently. Right now, we see many people come to Britain, trying to escape the horrors of war. Might it be due to the increased pace of the French offensive, that still hasn't been explained?

Btw, sorry about keeping te save. I decided to sit down and rename all units. Better have that done, before any battle reports will be needed. I should be done soon.

Comment

• increased.... more like decisive
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• That is a bad looking grin, Marchel Paddy. The actions of France endanger the balance of power in Europe. Mark my words, you are going too far.

(The save just went to Chrisius.)

Comment

• Re Naming Units

Modo I dont mean to offend but you have renamed your ships and not left in their unit type, this is considered as against the rules as far as Im aware.

Its okay to give your units names but you must leave their class ie Frigate or man o War etc so other plauyers can tell what it is they are faced with.
                  Attached Files
                  A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• We would like to ask England as to their intentions regarding the fleet of their ships sailing so close to Spanish waters, do they seek to annoy the Spanish ?

Please if you are legitamately seeking to destroy your, oops those privateers that are lurking in these waters then please do proceed, but do not enter Spanish sovereign waters!!!
                    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                      That is a bad looking grin, Marchel Paddy. The actions of France endanger the balance of power in Europe. Mark my words, you are going too far.

(The save just went to Chrisius.)
                      hardly gone anywhere and now you threaten my people.... how bizarre
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Re: Re Naming Units

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                        Modo I dont mean to offend but you have renamed your ships and not left in their unit type, this is considered as against the rules as far as Im aware.
                        Bummer. They look so stupid with the unit types in front of them. Ok, I'll put those back in.

Besides, you can still distinguish what they are - based on attack and defense values. Oh well.

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                        We would like to ask England as to their intentions regarding the fleet of their ships sailing so close to Spanish waters, do they seek to annoy the Spanish ?
                        As you well know, King Chrisius, English envoys have been sent to Spain, to talk about the matter. And, talks have begun with you. You know exactly what we plan to do with those ships, so please, stay calm. They are in no way violating Spanish territorial waters, and they are not there to attack any Spanish vessels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                          hardly gone anywhere and now you threaten my people.... how bizarre
                          Threaten? No. Warn, yes.

Your moves are directed east, where our friend and ally Russia has her lands. We are deeply concerned about your forces, and their march. Can you asure us they will stop, and not just try to keep going?

Comment

• ahhh yes, and if you read the posts you would know that I am allied with Russia on the war against the ottoman, and thus could then be allied with you in this

also I am allied with Prussia in the war against Austria

so Lord of Peace, are you now a man of war?
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I am perfectly aware of the current situation. What worries me is future development. And you still gave no reasons for attacking Austria.

Comment

• my involvement in the war with austria has two parts...

1. in answer to a request to keep these agressors from taking over the world, of course

2. to protect my own humble borderlands
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X