Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 1801 to Prussia
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

to Ljube
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Sent to Paddy.

Russia has built a city near Prussian border to catch the whale in the Baltic, as per our agreement on city building. Since Prussia lost a square of their territory because of this, we grant the Prussians unsettled area west of the large marsh.

Comment

and onto Modo
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

A statement was issued today by King Modo.

"
            Recently it has come to our knowledge that pirates have been roaming the Atlantic Ocean not too far from English soil. England will not tolerate the intrusion. We have therefore dispatched a fleet consisting of no less than six Man-O-War vessels in order to deal with the infidels. Go hard on them, boys.
            "

Save to Chrisius.
            Attached Files
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

ahhh mighty Lord Modo

it should be noted by you, and all that we all know the historical path that we started at

YOU are the only person/country with privateers in this region at such a time

so please - enough

I did not complain when your privateer attacked my lad

and what / who else could have privateers yet

so please let us hear your truths
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

I have the turn but work beckons so Ill play it later

Your Majesty, though we appreciate any assistance in our fight against Piracy in the Atlantic, We will not tolerate any English shipping in our waters!! All transgressors will be sunk on sight!!!
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Ahhh Lord Chrisius,

please remember that the Mighty Lord Modo has made several fine and splendid speeches on how he will not be treading the waters of any nation

He is afterall a mighty man of peace.
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                    ahhh mighty Lord Modo

it should be noted by you, and all that we all know the historical path that we started at

YOU are the only person/country with privateers in this region at such a time
                    That is your claim to proove, Marchel Paddy. Please, I insist.

so please - enough

I did not complain when your privateer attacked my lad
                    To the Kings knowledge, England has not attacked any French vessels so far. And we do not plan to.

and what / who else could have privateers yet

so please let us hear your truths
                    I could say that any other country with shipyards could send those out into the ocean. But judging from your statement, you would hardly give it a thought.

King Crisius, please, worry not. The English fleet shall keep at a good distance from foreign sea borders. We wouldn't want you to get upset with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44

That is your claim to proove, Marchel Paddy. Please, I insist.

To the Kings knowledge, England has not attacked any French vessels so far. And we do not plan to.

I could say that any other country with shipyards could send those out into the ocean. But judging from your statement, you would hardly give it a thought.

King Crisius, please, worry not. The English fleet shall keep at a good distance from foreign sea borders. We wouldn't want you to get upset with us.
                      indeed, and in all good faith bloody hard to prove unless you have played the English in this scenario more than 5 times hey :

have fun
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• The game is about diplomacy after all. Nobody said it was supposed to be clean.

The official English claim remains. The pirate ships will be either sunk or driven away. The waters shall be kept safe by the fleet for trade vessels to cross without fear of attack.

Comment

• ok, so who has the save now
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• It was with me Sire we were having an extended siesta, we were so tired from hunting all these pirates England speaks of

Prussia we have sent you some proposals we hope you find them to your approval and we wish your people the very best of regards

Marachel Paddy though we too have no proof of whom is fielding fleets of dastardly Pirates off our coasts, we do however have our suspicions.

We would like to formally tell you that one of our Navies frigates spotted an injured French frigate over a year ago now and we also intercepted a privateer who no doubt was responsible for your damages, we imediately sent the salty sea dogs to the bottom to feed the fishes

Sadly since that incident Pirates have sank our Flagship the Man O War Santa Maria, who was out patrolling looking for more Pirates. Strangely as it may seem this happened only after England complained bitterly at the realisation that Spain posessed such a vessel, we were horrified to find that just such a vessel had then disappeared from the face of the Oceans!!

Our nations brightest thinkers are searching hard to find the answer to the question, just which nation is it that is responsible for these atrocities ???

Comment

• Russia is certainly not. We have in fact disbanded some of our ships for shields to speed up the production of Cossacks.

Comment

• to LJube
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X