Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Ljube-jube.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
      Mother Russia feels uneasy about the appearance of Prussian settlers in the neutral zone between our two mighty empires.

This does not mean we condemn Prussian expansion. On the contrary. Prussians are encouraged to settle, but only after we have agreed a border.

We suggest the following rule: When settling in the border area, a settler is allowed to move the border, but not if such a move would steal any square already in the city radius of the other nation's city.

To Modo44: I have rejected your trade offer as I have nothing to offer in return

To Paddy: Save September 1800
      I agree with your border proposal - and that is why my settler has moved back. And to be honest - I am a bit uneasy about Prussian Ssettlers near the neutral zone as well.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with the previous location of your settler since it doesn't steal any of my city-radius squares, so, if you wish, you may move it where it was the turn before

I was planning to build a city on the Baltic which would reduce your territory in the sea. The plan was to catch the whale north of Koenigsberg. Take a closer look and tell me if you agree with the city location.

Let me reiterate: Please return the settler to its previous position. I don't mind losing three squares of my territory as long as one of my cities is not compromised

1800 Nov to Paddy

Comment

King Modo would really appreciate some answers to his proposal. Why don't you, the Great Rulers, answer kindness with kindness?

[edit - added a little emphasis ]
          Last edited by Modo44; November 5, 2004, 05:21.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Mother Russia accepts the friendly English offer. Consider our non-aggression pact signed

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
              Mother Russia accepts the friendly English offer. Consider our non-aggression pact signed
              France looks for more detail on this matter from England

thank you
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

It is very simple. Both countries agree not to take military action against each other. This means attacking any units or ships of the other country. In addition both countries agree not to cross borders with military units (on land and water) without permission (I have not stated this clearly earlier on, so it's not officially included in the treaty with Russia, though England would like it to happen as well.). If you want, the deal could be set for a given time, but at the moment England sees no need to limit its duration. As said previously, England wishes peace and prosperity to prevail. We expect that, should this treaty be dismissed at some point, no hostile action takes place on the same turn.

[edit] The ROPs with both AIs work sort of like this Non Aggression Pacts - they keep them from attacking England. I decided to make those in-game, because I think a Non Aggression Pact can improve relationsips, like ROPs do with AIs.[/edit]

[edit]Err, there seems to be something wrong with the scenario. I just met a Spanish Man-O-War. Paddy, did you by any chance leave the ship in Gibraltar for those yellow people to use? Or is the Man-O-War available to everyone here? [/edit]
                Last edited by Modo44; November 5, 2004, 07:33.

Comment

thank you for this

France accepts this for a period of 2 years from now

November 1800
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

If it turns out that Spain can build the Man-O-War and didn't just get this one in Gibraltar, I'll be very angry.

Save went to Chrisius.

Comment

ahhh well yes one was left in Gibraltar

sad don't you think

well it should not worry a nation that only wants peace
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Gentlemen, off the record, this one.

Well, you know how diplomacy works. You give them the big juicy carrot, while holding an even bigger stick.

Comment

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yeah, something like that. [edit] Though maybe more like this one: [/edit]

Having said that, England is a very peace loving nation and wishes no wars with anyone.
                            Last edited by Modo44; November 5, 2004, 09:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
                              Yeah, something like that.

Having said that, England is a very peace loving nation and wishes no wars with anyone.

you will just get very angry over things

I am of the Horde.

Comment

You know, you really shouldn't be spoiling the surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X