No announcement yet.

Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost two hours now and nothing in my inbox. I'm off for about another two hours, so hopefully it will be there when I'm back. Paddy, if you could please resend it, just in case.

/me wanders off into the big forest
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

resent as requested

another idea could be to email me if you have not recieved the save

I just happened to look here to see if you had posted another pic of your fishing boats

otherwise would not have known

ahh it's all good
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Both came in and now the save went to Chrisius. Stupid mail server.

I have a question I would like to ask the rulers of Europe. Are the Ottomans and Aussies (not the Australians ) really so aggressive, or did you go to war by attacking them?

Oh and about our peaceful sailors... We are refitting HMS Victory for new fishing techniques. Here, take a look at here future equipment.
        Attached Files

Comment

September 1800 to Lord beta of Prussia

Now now your Majesty, surely it is just and right for good Christian nations to put the heretic Turks to the sword, why on earth would England take issue with this ??

We applaud our friends in Russia for there actions and wish them well in their campaign
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Well, maybe the Turks can't be called our best firends, but they sure can pay a lot for things they need.

But what about Austria? What is going on there?

And, not to be rude, but what about the French people, who recently did such horrific things to their King? We are truly concerned about the possibility of this "Republic" spreading in Europe. After all, it might even endanger our own sacred Monarchy. Fortunately, they have not taken any aggressive actions, but who knows what to expect of a country ruled by many, instead of one enlightened person?

Comment

That almost sounds like a declaration of war on France, dangerous words, do you have enough Fishing boats to back them up
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

If England would want to go to war with anyone, we would not be talking with them, we would be sending troops. At the moment, we are far from becoming aggressive towards any European nation.

It is true that we are worried about the happenings in France. We are carefully watching the actions of the new French government. We have also conducted peaceful trade negotiations with the French people, though without reaching an agreement so far.

England wishes all countries in Europe the most peaceful existence possible. We always welcome trading partners whose treasury is not reduced because of unnecessary expenses induced by war.

Comment

Happy fishing Admiral Modo
                  Last edited by Paddy; November 2, 2004, 11:32.
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Thank you very much, Marchel Paddy. The open seas are rich indeed.

[edit] This thread is more fun than the game itself. And the other Napoleonian game threads I'm lurking are great to read as well. Thanks guys. [/edit]
                    Last edited by Modo44; November 2, 2004, 11:35.

Comment

To Mother Russia.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Mother Russia feels uneasy about the appearance of Prussian settlers in the neutral zone between our two mighty empires.

This does not mean we condemn Prussian expansion. On the contrary. Prussians are encouraged to settle, but only after we have agreed a border.

We suggest the following rule: When settling in the border area, a settler is allowed to move the border, but not if such a move would steal any square already in the city radius of the other nation's city.

To Modo44: I have rejected your trade offer as I have nothing to offer in return

To Paddy: Save September 1800

Comment

and opnto Lord Modo
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

England has a proposal to all European nations. We would like to sing offician Non Aggression Pacts with every major European empire. We wish for peace to reign.

The Civ3 diplomacy doesn't cover this kind of deal, so I'm making the proposal in the above form. It's different from a ROP, which I'm not willing to sign at the moment. The treaties, if signed, should have an impact on future negotiations and other events, as if present in-game.

September 1800 to Chrisius.

Comment

Save received and sent to Prussia, but we want to ask our esteemed friends in England how does the song go that you want us all to sing

Comment

"Give peace a chance". Or something. But The King won't be singing it, no way.

[edit] Time to change the sig again. You made me do it, Chrisius. [edit]

Comment

Working...
                                X