City walls bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City walls bug?

I've browsed through various bug-threads etc without finding anything so here goes:

After I conquered the capital of another player in a PBEM (ironciver B), his capital jumped to another city. The city was a walled size 4 hill-city. Capital towns get city-size graphics, this also makes the wall become invisible. Appearantly, the wall also becomes indestructible.

The game has halted due to a crash so the following is based on observing the last two turns. (no testing done)

The last two turns, a group of 8 catapults have shelled the city, without causing any damage at all. With the wall having a base defence of 8, the odds of 16 failed catapult attacks is 1 in 656. If the wall gets the benefit of hills(not sure about this) the odds go down to 1 in 100.

While this behaviour is not statistically impossible, it is in the area of things only a few players will experience.

Is this a bug or just me having a very bad streak of RNG?

(my record in the other direction is two SGLs in one turn)
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

I know for a fact that walls in a capital town get destroyed by bombardment, even if you canot see them.

Comment

Yeah, but did the Capital move there in the same fashion 'mine' did?

Do walls get the benefit of terrain btw?

Getting a one in 656 ain't bad huh?

Comment

Yes to all three, although the last one doesn't apply to you (yet).

Comment

Nah, it drops to 1 in 100 then... still not bad.

At least it should make some of the other players shut up about my 'unnatural' luck

Comment

alex'll be right - 16 trials is not really enough to get a good indication. 3 times that amount MAYBE starting to show a trend.

At least it should make some of the other players shut up about my 'unnatural' luck
            Ah! The REAL reason for this thread!
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Made another attempt, still no luck

Now I hit the '1 in 1000' mark

Comment

What about the Great Wall? Is it in play? I think I heard that cats will target and try to "destroy" even free walls granted by the Great Wall - which they naturally fail to...

Comment

I think that bug was adressed in one of the patches..

No GW in this game though...

City walls on hills got 75% change of surviving one catapult attack ( 8*1.5 / ((8*1.5)+4) )

The odds of surviving 24 attacks in a row is.. 1 in 997 actually, not 1 in 1000

Comment

So, how long did it take to land a critical blow on those walls? After I 'advanced the seed' in your save by taking the other city first, my third catapult strike took down the city walls. I think the RNG just dislikes 'information denial' proponents...
                    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

The walls are still there, I had to retreat to heal the protective pikes. Might give it another shot in a turn or two...

Comment

Working...
                      X