Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want FIRAXIS to hear your ideas for Civ3? Here is the best way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want FIRAXIS to hear your ideas for Civ3? Here is the best way...

First, please visit "The List of Ideas for Firaxis" forum on the Civ3 area at Apolyton. You'll see the work already in progress.

WHAT IS THE LIST?

**The List of Ideas for Firaxis is just that: A list of Civ3 development ideas for Firaxis (especially Brian Reynolds) to consider as the design of Civ3 begins and evolves.

WHAT IS A 'THREAD MASTER'?

**I, Yin, am the COORDINATOR of the MAIN LIST, which will be sent at the end of June and then every month after that. But before I can put all that together, the hard work belongs to the THREAD MASTERS, who are taking a great deal of their own time to host topics on given sections of development (please see The List of Thread Masters for more information). The Thread Masters in turn have nothing to organize without feedback from the gamer. So, as we already know, the gamers (YOU) are the key to this list and to making Civ3 an awesome game.

HOW DO I HELP?

**I'm glad you asked! You can help in three major ways: 1) If you have that great topic you always wanted the makers of Civ3 to consider while making the game, here is your chance. E-mail me with your topic and become a Thread Master (I'll explain your duties in an e-mail before you accept because you might think twice after seeing all the work it will take!). 2) Just simply participate in the existing threads. The Thread Masters really need great ideas in order for all of us to combine this into a great list for Firaxis. 3) E-mail me anytime with comments or suggestions: namk26@hotmail.com

WILL FIRAXIS REALLY READ THIS STUFF?

I refer you to the following post from Brian Reynolds:

"I know from experience that the best way to receive suggestion lists is to get one big huge long one every now and then--small piecemeal ones are a lot easier to lose, which is unfortunate because they often have great ideas.

One thing to consider, as you guys discuss Civ3 suggestions in the coming months, is to appoint a volunteer or two to collect the good suggestions into a list--Yin? Where are you Yin?

In the years following Civ1, some guys on the Internet put together a "Civ2 suggestions FAQ" which proved immeasurably helpful in our development of that game.

If you send me a big "core dump" from time to time at breynolds@firaxis.com you can rest assured it will be printed out and sitting on my desk while I'm designing and coding!

BR"

Finally, a question I am often asked goes like this: How much of this list will Firaxis use, and will this just be a waste of time?

I can't promise anything. Not even Brian Reynolds can promise anything--except, of course, that he will read the ideas on this list and keep the list by his computer while he's programming the game.

What more could you want?

------------------
    CIV3 DEVELOPMENT LIST COORDINATOR

**(un)Officially Making Lists for Firaxis Since SMAC Enhancement 3!**
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Working...
X