The Sims 2: Basement Building Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims 2: Basement Building Guide

Basements in The Sims 2 are not really supported by EA - nowhere does it say how to make them or anything. But they can be done with a bit of planning and know how!

Start off with a slab of foundation, hollowed out with an opening to let the great outdoors in.

Cover the foundation walls with a covering which clearly shows the wall height, here I use the blue paint with orange stripe at base. Lower the ground until you see the stripe.

Level off the floor of the basement, and close off the foundation slab.

You can't place wall mounted lights or anything like that on foundation walls - so it's a good idea to add a new inner layer of wall. Also add a staircase.

Fill in the foundation to the new inner layer of wall - it wont let you add foundation over the basement itself, instead just paint the floor normally.

Use a texture that looks like dirt for under the foundation - makes it look better.

Your basement is now complete, expand the foundation if you want.

Now all that is left is to decorate your basement - a home fit for an unemployed slob!

Basements are quite expensive, even a small one will increase the cost of a house by about 4000 and cost almost as much as the house on top of it. To keep the cost down as much as possible build your basement in the house editor thingy before moving your family in, basements require trial and error to perfect so you don't want to be wasting your families funds. Suffice to say, your families probably wont be getting a basement with their first home.

Also note that the final basement is fairly small compared to the starting slab of foundation - the stairs just barely fit!

Nice, thx for the guide... not sure if I'll use a basement soon, but some day I might try it out
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Thanks for the effort.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

One of the first homes you can buy in Strangeville has a basement.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
        X