Bestest Presidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestest Presidents

Your favorites. You can include them on importance instead of favorite if you want to, but you don't have to.

1. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
    Do I really even have to explain why? He battled the Depression, introduced government to its roles for the 20th century, fought the Nazis and Japs, and did it all while he was crippled. The only President ever that was cool enough to get elected four times.

2. George Washington
    Although he had his problems, he led the US through its birth, and at many times made the key decisions that helped us survive. Disliked political parties ( ), and only President ever cool enough to be unanimously elected.

3. Woodrow Wilson
    3. Theodore Roosevelt
    3. Andrew Jackson
    All tied, for lack of anything specific to say other than that they were all great and don't get enough respect as it is.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Thomas Jefferson
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Zombie Reagan
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

1. FDR: New Deal, WW2
        2. Jefferson: Philosopher, Louisiana Purchase
        3. Lincoln: Sent those rednecks to kingdom come
        4. JFK: Civil rights, seeds of the Great Society
        5. Teddy Roosevelt: Trust-buster, conservationist, internationalist

Comment

1. Theodore Roosevelt - Progressive... conservationist... wanted America to be a superpower.

2. Franklin Roosevelt - what mrmitchell said

3. Thomas Jefferson - last philosopher president... LA purchase

4. George Washington - 'nuff said

5. Abraham Lincoln - kicked some cracker ass!
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            Zombie Reagan

Comment

Bestest?

1.Tarja Halonen

2. Risto Ryti

3. Paasikivi
              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Washington-Leader, Founder, Mason
                Polk-Largest expansion of territory
                Monroe-Doctrine
                Lincoln-exposed Yanks for the criminals they are.
                Jackson-How can you argue with the nick "Old Hickory"?
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Favorite

Theodore Roosevelt -
                  + Overcame challenges he could have ignored. Was an extreme moderate, qualified almost everything he said, until final year, when he was tired of being President. He spelt like that and helped to drop u from words like color etc. Founded alot of national monuments, sneakily enlarged parks and woodlands. Helped expand the Federal govt. Anti-trust, pure food ...
                  - Played alot of tennis.

Toughest President.
                  Don't really know for sure. George Washington was reputed to be very strong, I'll go with him.
                  Lincoln was strong but lost the only fight he entered on record.
                  Jackson was probably a brawler but no real evidence.
                  Teddy could probably kick some ass, but he was often hurt during his presidency.

Worst President.
                  That guy who caught pnuemonia and died right away. Harrison?? Other than that Buchanan for avoiding whatever he could.
                  Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Overall best: Lincoln

Best of my lifetime: Reagan

Comment

I've went over this several times, but I never fail to lose the desire to discuss it.

My list is fluid. Sometimes I feel better about some presidents than others.

Lately, I've cooled off on Ronald Reagan. He used to be one of my favourites. But the more I think of it, the more I dislike his inaction of the bombing of Beirut.

I have to rate Washington as one of the best. Because he set up many of the traditions of the presidency including the 2 term custom limit (though it took an ammendment because of people like FDR ).

Lincoln I also rate as one of the best. If nothing else, than for his bravery.

that's about it. I usd to list presidents such as FDR, Kennedy, LBJ, and Reagan. But these presidents are overrated (except for LBJ who is underrated- Vietnam really marred his record). Truman wasn't bad either. And you can't forget Jeffereson. Probably the leading contender for the #3 spot.

Comment

George Washington
                        Although he had his problems, he led the US through its birth, and at many times made the key decisions that helped us survive. Disliked political parties ( ), and only President ever cool enough to be unanimously elected.
                        Yup, those dead white guys were the best, even the worst among them is better than what came later.

Best - Washington, he could have turned us back into a monarchy. Jefferson was also very good...

Worst - Lincoln, destroyed by arms the very principle this country was founded upon - the right to secede.

Comment

IMO,
                          Ronald Reagan
                          GW Bush
                          Abraham Lincoln
                          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Yup, those dead white guys were the best, even the worst among them is better than what came later.

Best - Washington, he could have turned us back into a monarchy. Jefferson was also very good...

Worst - Lincoln, destroyed by arms the very principle this country was founded upon - the right to secede.
                            Man, I like Lincoln for the very reason you dislike him, amazing.
                            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Pierre Trudeau
                              Lester Pearson
                              John Diefenbaker
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X