Red circle cursor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red circle cursor

I've been playing for a little over a year now and my seven year old is now hooked. We were playing each other in a hotseat game with eight civilizations. We had each chosen one and let AI take the rest. After one turn my arrow cursor turned into a red circle that went from large to small over and over. Finally I clicked on a city and it turned the red circle into my normal pointer cursor. The city now looks "different" from my other cities. It has not revolted, in fact, hapiness is at 80. Can anyone tell me what has happenned? I thought it may be a celebration but usually the information tiles give me the red exclamation point to indicate one is happenning. Thanks for solving the mystery.

tgottdiner

a hotseat game in CTP2? is this the new source code or the normal game, or maybe you mean CTP the first one?

In CTP2 i've never been able to play a hotseat game, so i'm not sure.

If its a LAN game then it might just have been a resync issue, although you usualy get a message saying that is what just happend.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thor, you are correct. It is CTPI. Any ideas?

Comment

i would go and ask in the CTP forums here .

There are plenty of hotseat and MP gamers there - goodluck

And there was i thinking someone had finally fixed hotseat in CTP2! oh well hopefully soon
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
          i would go and ask in the CTP forums here .
          No need, the mountain has come to Mohammed already
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Sorry to disappoint Thor. Now my son knows there is CIV2 he's beating me up about getting that one!

Comment

Ya know what, the only time I have seen a "RED CURSOR I believe is bombarding in some games..not sure as I would rather roll over than bombarb

Maybe thats it?

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I've never heard of a problem like this... I would conjecture it might have been caused by ending the turn whilst some order was being given (e.g. the player had clivked bombard, but then ended the turn before clicking a bombardment target), but that's just a wild guess.

Comment

The only time I get a red circle (with a slash) is when I attempt an action that isn't allowed, like bombarding an enemy city with a submarine or (like I just found out last night) trying to send a paratrooper from a city that has 9 units in it (there has to be room for the air taxi to show up that transports the paratrooper). You didn't mention the specific action you were trying to take.
                  "I draw your attention to the words of Werner Erhard, who declared that true clarity can come only when someone is willing to notice: 'There is something I do not know, the knowing of which could change everything.' " - Conversations with God, book 3

Comment

I don't think I did anything specific to cause it to happen. As my turn ended and the other turns were cycled through and my turn began again, it was there. It wasn't the red slash. It was actually a thinner circle that "pulsed". It went from big to small over and over again. I believe it quit when I clicked on the city. After I clicked on the city the city changed "styles" and turned a golden bronze color. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by tgottdiner
                      I don't think I did anything specific to cause it to happen. As my turn ended and the other turns were cycled through and my turn began again, it was there. It wasn't the red slash. It was actually a thinner circle that "pulsed". It went from big to small over and over again. I believe it quit when I clicked on the city. After I clicked on the city the city changed "styles" and turned a golden bronze color. Weird.
                      It is as I have never heard of such a thing
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                      X