7th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 8 October - 8 November 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 8 October - 8 November 2004

IMPORTANT: If you downloaded the savegame before October 9 ~16:15 GMT (11:15 EST), please download it again. See my second post in this thread for details.

It's finally here! We now officially have more tournaments than Civ3!

This time we're playing with Dale Kent's World At War! mod. You can download this mod from the Apolyton Directory. If there are any problems getting the game to run, don't hesitate to post here.

The map is one with a 'twist', but I'm not saying anything about that, you'll find out as you play. If you wish to comment on this 'twist' once you've figured out what it is, feel free to do so, but please use spoiler tags as to not ruin the surprise for other players:

Spoiler:
    You can make spoiler tags like this (replace '{' and '}' with '[' and ']'):

{spoiler} spoiler information {/spoiler}

To keep within the atmosphere of the mod, you're playing as Adolf Hitler, leader of the Fascist goverment of Germany (I had to preselect Fascism as government at the start of the game, 'cause otherwise I couldn't edit the map and opponents). Your mission is to defeat the Nazi's European opponents.

Good luck to all! May your empires last a thousand years...

Theme: A Continent At War
    Mod: World At War!
    Size: Gigantic Map
    Barbarians: Maurauders
    Ocean-Land: 50%
    Island-Continent: 50%
    Wet-Dry: 50%
    Warm-Cold: 50%
    Uniform-Diverse: 50%
    Few Goods-Many Goods: 50%
    World shape: Flat Map
    Bloodlust: Off
    Pollution: On
    Opponents: 8 (English, French, Romans (Italians), Russians, Spanish, Turkish, Assyrians (Arabs), Americans)
    Victory types allowed: All

Tournament Page
    Last edited by Locutus; October 9, 2004, 11:35.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Is it a requirement that we remain a facist government?
    "

Comment

One little problem I noticed: When you found Berlin its size 5 rather than size ten. Normally the first settler creates a size 10 city, and all the following settlers create size 5 cities. Its a minor problem and I'm perfectly willing to play with it, just thought I would note it.
      "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
        Is it a requirement that we remain a facist government?
        No, feel free to change it. It's just that I had to make a choice at the start of the game to be able to set it up properly, I didn't intend to restrict anyone's strategies in any way.

Originally posted by EPW
        One little problem I noticed: When you found Berlin its size 5 rather than size ten. Normally the first settler creates a size 10 city, and all the following settlers create size 5 cities. Its a minor problem and I'm perfectly willing to play with it, just thought I would note it.
        Damn, I used the wrong type of settler unit to setting up the starting positions. Sorry about that.

IMPORTANT: I set up a new savegame with the proper units, that *will* work fine (I tested it). Everyone who already downloaded the file will have to do so again though.

Should downloading the new file give you the same savegame, try downloading this one instead (same file, different name; to avoid browswer cache problems). This only applies to people who've already downloaded the file before; people who haven't yet will always get the correct file from the tournament page.

Note that the starting location is now also different. You may have to refresh this thread and the tournament page once or twice to see the new image (you know you're looking at the new image if you no longer see the Bear resource)...
        Last edited by Locutus; October 9, 2004, 11:39.

Comment

I almost finished the first save you posted Locutus, I never changed out of Fascism either, I thought thats why it was the initial government because of the obvious reasons, otherwise I'd be using Communism.

Do I have to play it from the beginning with the new save or can I have the completed old one included? I'd gladly download the new one but I'm about to launch "operation sea lion" and end the game so I wouldn't want to play again
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Wow, you're fast!

No, I don't think it makes much of a difference really. In your game all civs start with a size 5 capital, in the new game all civs start with a size 10 capital (and reduced LoS on the initial Settlers). Since all civs start out equal in both games, that shouldn't be a big deal.

Spoiler:
            The starting location difference is also marginal: you may have noticed the starting location of the Germans was in central Germany in the first game, I moved it somewhat further east (to Berlin) in the new version.

So I don't see a problem with you submitting your result based on the first savegame.

Comment

Nice one. I have no problems with the small disadvantage, probably one of the best SP tourneys I've played so far.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Completed conquest 64AD.

BTW why does WaW date start at 1AD and its supposed to be 1900-1950? Not sure what date to put since the year seems wrong, I thought it might be my install, anyway it ended on turn 63.

Move the 12 early tanks into the last Assyrian city, "Tell Rimah".
                Attached Files

Comment

Turn 63???? nice
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                    Completed conquest 64AD.
                    Very impressive! I was afraid maybe I'd made the game too tough, but I guess not...

BTW why does WaW date start at 1AD and its supposed to be 1900-1950? Not sure what date to put since the year seems wrong, I thought it might be my install, anyway it ended on turn 63.
                    The idea is that 1 turn is supposed to be 1 month, so basically you won in April 1905.

The HoF doesn't support months though, so you'll just have to sumbit it as 64 AD...

Comment

Conquest Victory 43AD Score 13690

Just move the tanks into Imbur-bel to win.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by EPW; October 10, 2004, 01:25.
                      "

Comment

Wow. I might have to give this one a go.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: 7th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 8 October - 8 November 2004

Originally posted by Locutus

It's finally here! We now officially have more tournaments than Civ3!
                          Yeah but the first civ3 tournament had more participants than all seven of our tournaments combined
                          "

Comment

Decided to give this one a go myself. I of course had the advantage of knowing the map and starting locations (which is why I'll keep it unofficial and not submit my result to the HoF), but the disadvantage of this being only my 2nd WaW game ever and my first real CtP2 game in probably over a year. The result: conquest in 48 AD, final score 13,770 (with 85 cities and 539 citizens).

In my game the Russians and Assyrians had expanded much more rapidly than in EPW and Maq's game and in retrospect I waited far too long in attacking the English and Americans. If it wasn't for those factors I think I could've finished maybe 5-10 turns faster, but not more than that. That makes EPW's win in 43 AD all the more impressive, since he didn't know the map in advance...

Just move the Tanks into Washington DC to win.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                              Wow. I might have to give this one a go.
                              I heartily recommend it It's a quick but very fun game.

Originally posted by EPW
                              Yeah but the first civ3 tournament had more participants than all seven of our tournaments combined
                              Sure, but as usual, quality is more important than quantity

Comment

Working...
                              X