Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FG: Nuclear War XVIII: Are you a Dove or a Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Nuclear War XVIII: Are you a Dove or a Hawk?

Nuclear War

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through PM.

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure the GM has received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't deflect for you, the GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted--------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 10 AM GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile Nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (caught by the guards). After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not ICS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on bunkers; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

Kassiopeia: Comprehension, Dimension, Expansion
    Smiley: Boshko's house, Florida, EvCity
    DrSpike: Forum, game, king (to be replaced by city names when provide)
    Jonny: Ammonium, Cyanide, Sulphate
    Spaced Cowboy: Dude, Dood, Sweet
    Whoha: Spaced sucks, Skanky Sucks, Dr Spike Sucks
    Vlad Antlerkov: Shirt, Pants, Hat
    Skanky Burns: Peace, Prosperity, Profit
    Theben: I, , Everyone
    Hercules: Ziagra, Yiagra, Xiagra
    GeneralTacticus: Tau Ceti Centre, Renaissance Vector, Hyperion
    EPW: Call, to, Power
    Last edited by Sparrowhawk; October 10, 2004, 01:41.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Where's the sign up? In case it's just done here, sign me up.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

In.
      Cities: Boshko's house, Florida, EvCity
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

In.

Comment

My cities:

Comprehension, Dimension, Expansion
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

In.

Cities: Ammonium, Cyanide, Sulphate

Comment

Combination sign-up/game thread...sweet!

In,

Cities: Dude, Dood, Sweet!
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

in.

Spaced sucks,Skanky Sucks,Dr Spike Sucks.

Comment

In.

Shirt, Pants, Hat.
                  oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I predict Whoha shall have a short game.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Updated to Vlad Antlerkov (7 Players so far).

and to answer Kassiopeia's question...

Where's the sign up? In case it's just done here, sign me up.
                      ... oops, I forgot to put it as a sign up thread my mistake!!

...but in response to Spaced's most astute observation...

Combination sign-up/game thread...sweet!
                      yeah, I figured why have a sign up thread and a game thread...you know what they say, kill two birds with one nuke

(though the answer to Kassi is much closer to the truth )

/me

Edit: This thread hasn't been open very long, but I don't know how long it would normally be open? I will be unable to start this game before Saturday I would think at the earliest, but is that too early or would Monday be better or...???

/me admits that he never really paid any attention to the length of the sign up threads before.
                      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; October 7, 2004, 23:44.
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Whenever you have a nice amount of players is a good time to start. In Nuke War, I'd say the more the merrier, but I doubt there'll be that many signing up after Monday when the weekend is over. So Monday, Tuesday sounds good to me.

Comment

Well, I had best get my cities built so I too can lob nukes at others.

Cities: Peace, Prosperity, Profit
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Me in!

Cities: I, , Everyone
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

And me

Cities : Ziagra, Yiagra, Xiagra
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                              X