so whats up with Big Huge Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so whats up with Big Huge Games

Some indication theyre working on a new game, and it will be an RTS. Any hints on what it might be?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

They still exist? I thought they'd be swallowed by MS by now.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Another RTS?
      I was hoping BR would create an TBS but I guess the Market is too small
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Re: so whats up with Big Huge Games

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        Some indication theyre working on a new game, and it will be an RTS. Any hints on what it might be?
        RoN2?

Comment

Re: Re: so whats up with Big Huge Games

Originally posted by DrSpike

RoN2?
          A sequel, that soon? Is the game really that popular? Id think they do something else, then come back and do RON2. Maybe they could do something else off that engine.

TBS? Well, theyve got a bunch of people who now have experience making RTS, and the TBS market aint exactly hot - and Firaxis is working on Civ4, Wardell looks to be doing MOM2, - Im not sure theres alot of room there - of course if Brian can negotiate the rights to SMAC2

MS- MS is their publisher - they publish a couple of studios they dont own - Ensemble also, for example, i think
          Last edited by lord of the mark; October 8, 2004, 09:10.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I really thought BR would go back and do a retro game. RTS games are dead, doesn't he realize this.

Comment

Why do you think BR left Firaxis? He wanted to do RTS and Sid didn't.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: so whats up with Big Huge Games

A sequel, that soon? Is the game really that popular?
                It wouldn't surprise me; the game sold quite a few copies, and I've heard nothing of 'new' plans.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: so whats up with Big Huge Games

A sequel, that soon? Is the game really that popular? Id think they do something else, then come back and do RON2. Maybe they could do something else off that engine.
                  A RoN sequel set in the future would be a kick ass game. You could build cool futuristic armies and cities with forcefields. It would be awesome.
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Yes, I think there is room for another sci-fi RTS game. Starcraft is cool, but I would be more interested in a purely human society, minus the alien factions.

I would prefer him to concentrate on TBS though. Ideally, I think the market is still desperate for a decent space empire game.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

moo3?

Comment

Personally I hope they make something new- you can always return to RoN2 later.

Could they think of something less warish??

Comment

The vast majority of RTS games are about war. Have you tried the Sims?

Comment

They're not creating a RoN2 at this time IIRC (believe I read that some place, but might be mistaking)... haven't heard about what they're working on though...
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              The vast majority of RTS games are about war.
                              So there is room for a great innovation

Have you tried the Sims?
                              Well SimCity and SidGolf have played - SimCity was OK for a while.
                              Not so interasted in Sims... (Waiting for Sid's Pirates)

Comment

Working...
                              X