Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications not working properly

I'm having a bit of trouble with modifiying the game. Specifically:
    1) When I added social effects to the starting 4 SE choices, the game ignores the first modification (i.e. -SUPPORT, -RESEARCH in alphax.txt will result in -1 research in the game). I've gotten around it easily (-SUPPORT, -SUPPORT, -RESEARCH does the trick) but I still wonder what's wrong.

2) I tried to give the two alien factions immunity to negative efficiency (by manually editing the text files), and in fact when I load the files with FacEdit, it says they have immunity to efficiency, but in the game they still get the usual penalties.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

-RdF

In (2), you mean that it still shows up in the SE screen, it will still have the effect on the efficiency, I think.
    #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
    #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I mean that the social choices with negative efficiency still have it listed for them, and when I select that choice, it tells me that I have an overall Efficiency pentalty.

-RdF

Comment

Check somewhere else than the SE screen? See if it really happens?
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I have not seen either of these problems.

Can't help you.
          Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
          http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Re: Modifications not working properly

Originally posted by roidesfoux
            1) When I added social effects to the starting 4 SE choices, the game ignores the first modification (i.e. -SUPPORT, -RESEARCH in alphax.txt will result in -1 research in the game). I've gotten around it easily (-SUPPORT, -SUPPORT, -RESEARCH does the trick) but I still wonder what's wrong.
            Did you look carefully at how the lines need to be typed? Each part must be separated by a comma (spaces are not required, but are there to help visually), and there is no comma at the end of the line if there are qualifiers. Look at the Police State line:
            Police State, DocLoy, --EFFIC, ++SUPPORT, -MORALE, ++POLICE
            Be careful not to remove the "None," (with its comma) from each of the four starting choice lines; for example:
            Frontier, None,
            That identifies the tech that makes the choice available (Police State, DocLoy,) (Democratic, EthCalc,). The "None," (with the comma) is required for Frontier Politics, Simple Economics, Survival Values, and None Future Society).

Originally posted by roidesfoux
            2) I tried to give the two alien factions immunity to negative efficiency (by manually editing the text files), and in fact when I load the files with FacEdit, it says they have immunity to efficiency, but in the game they still get the usual penalties.
            Does anyone know how to fix this?
            Not seeing exactly what you typed, I'll show how to add it to the end of the line, since the sequence doesn't matter.

For Caretakers,
            ALIEN, 0, DEFENSE, 125, SOCIAL, +PLANET, TECH, Biogen, TECH, InfNet, TECH, Ecology, FACILITY, 3
            becomes
            ALIEN, 0, DEFENSE, 125, SOCIAL, +PLANET, TECH, Biogen, TECH, InfNet, TECH, Ecology, FACILITY, 3, IMMUNITY, EFFIC

For Usurpers,
            ALIEN, 0, OFFENSE, 125, SOCIAL, +GROWTH, SOCIAL, +MORALE, SOCIAL, -PLANET, FACILITY, 3, TECH, Ecology, TECH, Physic, TECH, Biogen
            becomes
            ALIEN, 0, OFFENSE, 125, SOCIAL, +GROWTH, SOCIAL, +MORALE, SOCIAL, -PLANET, FACILITY, 3, TECH, Ecology, TECH, Physic, TECH, Biogen, IMMUNITY, EFFIC

Having presented those, I'll freely admit to not having tested them. I am confident in my reply to part (1). I am not 100% confident in my reply to part (2) because I'm not sure if adding ", IMMUNITY, EFFIC" violates the limit on the number of such modifiers allowed for a faction.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
            X