PANZER BATTLES on the RIVER CHIR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the idea of the Stalingrad campaign scenario BTW

You know you're going to have to use a bat file to make the transition between summer and winter....
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Where can I download this scen?
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Ok, in order . . . . .

Curt, your encouragement is always welcome.

Brian, thanks for conveying that. I'll try your suggestion for change terrain first, to see if that works, then create the unit.

Gareth, you know you're dealing with another tank geek, right? When I saw the graphic, I just assumed that the long barrel of the 85/100 had been "left off" the graphic due to excessive length. And there was some confusion over the ISU-122 and the SU-122 in the previous statement. I'm only used to ISU-122s. Have you got an SU-76 graphic around somewhere? It'd be more appropriate if so. *HINT* And NO, I sure will not be required to use one of those damn batch files--the thing will begin with the Soviet winter offensive, so the snow will already be on the ground.

Arth, only Gareth and Eivind have copies right now, but just as soon as I get the above event problem solved, I'll release it quick.

Ok, anther thing; I looked carefully at Nemo's RED FRONT events file and saw several events that compelled units move with the "go to" command. Can anyone tell me what that's all about and what it does?
        Lost in America.
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

The GO TO command instructs all AI controlled units within a rectangle of set coordinates to move towards a specific coordinate. That's how the Germans keep furiously attacking the USSR instead of digging in their cities in Germany and attacking with caution.
          Some Soviet halftracks:
          Lend -lease M3's (common)
          pre war Zis 33 (rare)
          Gaz (engine- superstructure) / captured Sdkfz hybrid (tracks, wheels, drive) (?)
          Attached Files
          "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
          -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
          "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
          "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Usually the Move unit event, mixed with the 'Attack' role of units works well with the AI, and make it very agressive.

Move Unit

Tells a (1) given type of unit of (2) a particular tribe in (3) the given map rectangle region to move to (4) a specific location within (5) the number indicated. ANYUNIT may be used if type doesn't matter.
            Only units that aren't fortified, aren't sleeping (sentry duty), don't already have a destination, aren't building fortifications, and aren't Nuclear will move specified (6) number of units of.

You cannot move units of a human-controlled tribe.

-IMPORTANT-

The 'maprect' coordinates must be in a specific order.
            The first coordinate must be the left corner, next is upper right, followed by lower right, then lower left. Like this:

1---2
            | |
            4---3

Triggerattacker tells the macro to use the the attacker that triggered this event 8the tribe that killed the unit in a UNITKILLED trigger or the tribe that took the city in a CITYTAKEN trigger).

Triggerdefender is the same as above, but means the owner of the unit of the city that was attacked.

Triggerreceiver is the tribe that got the technology in a RECEIVERTECHNOLOGY trigger.
            Triggerreceiver appears only when the trigger is RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY.

EXAMPLE:

]@IF
            TURN
            turn=1
            @THEN
            MOVEUNIT
            unit=AnyUnit
            owner=Japanese
            maprect
            moveto
            numbertomove=ALL
            @ENDIF
            (This event will move all the Japanese units of any type between the coordinates (144,50), (148,50), (148,56) and (144,56) to the coordinate (149,57) ).

Comment

Wow, this scenario seems like it's going to be great!

Comment

Belay that, Exile. Create unit precedes change terrain in the order of execution of events (#4 vs #7), so any new unit will be automatically wiped out, unless you separate the 2 events by a turn.

I did manage to make this work in Red October, for the Kronstadt Uprising. Here's the event:

@IF
                UNITKILLED
                unit=Kronstadt
                attacker=ANYBODY
                defender=ANYBODY
                @THEN
                CREATEUNIT
                unit=Kronstadt
                owner=TRIGGERATTACKER
                veteran=no
                homecity=none
                locations
                endlocations
                @ENDIF

Kronstadt (immobile fortress unit) is located on an ocean square, and I suspect this may have something to do with why it works in this instance. Good luck.
                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                  Exile, I've never been able to make an MGE/FW event work in which a unit of one civ is created in the same spot where the trigger unit of another civ was just eliminated. And I have tried, believe it or not. Try a terrain change event first.
                  I experienced the same problem in Discworld! I think I ultimately had to change terrain AND create a new unit on the same spot, but I'm not really sure if I needed to do that on the following turn (I think so)!

If I don't forget, I'll check that tonight!
                  Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                  Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                  POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                  LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                    Belay that, Exile. Create unit precedes change terrain in the order of execution of events (#4 vs #7), so any new unit will be automatically wiped out, unless you separate the 2 events by a turn.
                    I don't think it works quite that way. I think that only applies if they're in the same event structure. That is, the following event would indeed have the unit wiped out again:

@IF
                    something happens
                    @THEN
                    ChangeTerrain
                    CreateUnit
                    @ENDIF

But if you put them in two separate events, it wouldn't be a problem (events are executed in the same order as they appear in the events file):

@IF
                    something happens
                    @THEN
                    ChangeTerrain
                    @ENDIF

@IF
                    the same something happens
                    @THEN
                    CreateUnit
                    @ENDIF
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

OK, I checked what I had done for that same problem, and I guess I might have done to much!

I used 3 separate events (talk about event space waste...):
                      - event 1: upon destruction, I gave a tech to the civ;
                      - event 2: upon receiving the tech (which is taken into account on the following turn), I changed the terrain
                      - event 3: at the same time (i.e. upon receiving the tech), I created the new unit on the newly changed square

Now that I read Mercator's post, I guess he is right and what you need to do is only separate the terrain change and the unit creation in 2 different events (which means I could have used my "1st event" to make some more contextual description and improve the scen's flavour... )

I guess I'll use that knowledge soon, Mercator, thank you!
                      Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                      Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                      POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                      LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Now I can't get this event to work;

@IF
                        UNITKILLED
                        unit=A Battery
                        attacker=Russians
                        defender=Germans
                        @THEN
                        CHANGETERRAIN
                        TERRAINTYPE=5
                        MAPRECT=17,17,17,17,17,17,17,17
                        @ENDIF

Anybody see anything wrong with it?
                        Lost in America.
                        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile
                          Now I can't get this event to work;

@IF
                          UNITKILLED
                          unit=A Battery
                          attacker=Russians
                          defender=Germans
                          @THEN
                          CHANGETERRAIN
                          TERRAINTYPE=5
                          MAPRECT=17,17,17,17,17,17,17,17
                          @ENDIF

Anybody see anything wrong with it?
                          The coordinates have to resemble a square around the tile you are changing. The way you have it now the square has no area. Make it like it says under the move unit instructions Pablo posted with the MAPRECT being the tile coordinates from the four tiles surrounding the sides of the tile you want to change. Once the engine sees the four bordering tile coordinates then it will change the tile inside the four tiles.

Comment

I was just going to say that

btw Phenix, I posted complete instructions about how triggers and events work here: events & triggers

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
                              The coordinates have to resemble a square around the tile you are changing. The way you have it now the square has no area. (...)
                              I'm pretty sure that's not true. Using the same coordinates 4 times should change the terrain on that one tile. In fact, Pablostuka does exactly that in the instructions he just linked to...

Ah wait, I see what's wrong with it, you should put the coordinates on a separate line, like this:

@IF
                              UNITKILLED
                              unit=A Battery
                              attacker=Russians
                              defender=Germans
                              @THEN
                              CHANGETERRAIN
                              TERRAINTYPE=5
                              MAPRECT
                              @ENDIF
                              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Crap it's true in the example I posted:

@IF
                                TURN
                                turn=3
                                @THEN
                                CHANGETERRAIN
                                terraintype=10
                                maprect
                                @ENDIF

(This event , in the 3rd turn, will change the terrain inside the mentioned map rectangle to the type 10 (each terrain type has a number code) ).
                                Mercator is right. You have to put the coordinates in another line, and not use the '='

Comment

Working...
                                X