Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 2 'basically done'

According to Gamespot

Bungie to gamers: Halo 2 is gold. Time to break out the bubbly (and sushi) in Redmond.

The team has been holed in an unmarked building for months, nay years, but now, the coders, programmers, artists, and designers behind the making of Halo 2 are stepping into the light.

In a post this afternoon on the developer's official site, Bungie.net, word comes that Halo 2 is complete.

"We are basically done making Halo 2. Seriously. Barring any unexpected shenanigans, Halo 2 is done and dusted, simultaneously, for every region it will be released in worldwide. Oh, and Parsons has been hitting the sushi again..."
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Read this earlier on their website.

A nice looking game, and one of the reasons I am looking at an Xbox.

Comment

This is a good sign that they really feel sure that they're done a month before release date. This means nothing will be rushed.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I hope it means it won't have all those "filler" levels, like the library level in Halo...
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
          I hope it means it won't have all those "filler" levels, like the library level in Halo...
          Or doing several levels backwards. All said and done, I LOVE the first 4 or 5 levels of Halo, then I kind of lose interest. Control Room is da bomb.
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras

Or doing several levels backwards.
            Thats was the most obvious symptom of the game being rushed IMHO

Comment

BTW, is there any word on their next project? HALO 3 for the Xbox 2?

Comment

Halo 3 is pretty much slated as a launch title for XBox 2. No real official word on it, though.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
                  Or doing several levels backwards. All said and done, I LOVE the first 4 or 5 levels of Halo, then I kind of lose interest. Control Room is da bomb.
                  I dunno, I like the backwards levels. Even if the terrain is the same, the enemies are different, and going in the opposite direction does change things quite a bit. Plus the Maw doesn't include all that much backwardsness.

I hate Guilty Spark and the Library. Horrid levels.

Comment

Best Buy was out of Xboxes this weekend, so I'm going to check back next weekend and get one. I've already preorded Halo 2 and bought Halo and KOTOR for the Xbox.

Comment

Halo 2 has to be the most overhyped game I've ever heard of, even moreso than fable. I hope it kicks ass, but seriously, unless it is 10 times better than every other game combined it won't be as good as the hype it has going. I mean seriously, 95% of Xbox owners are going to buy it and play it. It will be the only game on Xbox live for a month. I just can't see that any game could possibly be that good.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                        Halo 2 has to be the most overhyped game I've ever heard of, even moreso than fable. I hope it kicks ass, but seriously, unless it is 10 times better than every other game combined it won't be as good as the hype it has going. I mean seriously, 95% of Xbox owners are going to buy it and play it. It will be the only game on Xbox live for a month. I just can't see that any game could possibly be that good.
                        Halo one was not the greatest FPS ever. Sure the first player was fun, but multiplayer devolves into overshield-rocket launcher or shotgun every game. I think its popular in multiplayer simply because its what everyone has.
                        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

Comment

I heard someone say that Halo 2 looks as good as Doom 3 and Half-life 2. I've seen a gameplay footage, and it looks pretty much like the original Halo to me. Ok, maybe it looks a bit more polished. Mind you, I would settle with Halo graphics WITHOUT the huge drops in framerate you got sometimes, especially in the last level. Anyway, if Halo 2 is 30% better than the first one, it will be a great game, maybe not the greatest, but a great game nonetheless.

Comment

Well, it's gonna be better than Doom 3 for sure. HL2 should be much better though (I hope).
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                              Well, it's gonna be better than Doom 3 for sure. HL2 should be much better though (I hope).
                              Unfortunately nobody will be able to play HL2 because few have the uber PC required, while anyone with an Xbox will be able to play Halo 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X