No announcement yet.

Problem with a saved game (Craddle Mod)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a saved game (Craddle Mod)

Hi there,

It's my first post here, but in fact i read this forum since a long time (2 years, at least). I love CTP2 and i still play with this game.

I played a lot yesterday, and saved at the end of the year 1938.

Today there's problem : i can load my saved game and then i can play my turn. At the end of my turn, i press "enter" key. Then, i hear an unit die (i don't know where) and then, game crashes !! And restart to Windows.

I have :
    - CTP2
    - CTP2 patch 1.1
    - Craddle of Civilization
    - Modswapper
    - other Mods

I tried to reinstall but there's still the same problem.

There's my saved game here, if you want to see it :

I think the problem is the Pollution : you can see in the saved game that the red indicator, at the right corner, overflow the screen ! So i think it's the reason why the game crashes.

How can i repair this please ?

Thank for your help, i really want to continue this game, if it's possible, of course

FMP

PS : if this game is definitively corrupted, how can i play next time ? Wich setting i have to put ? I want to play with pollution, it's very interesting in my opinion.

PPS : i hope you'll understand me, my english is not very powerfull
    Last edited by FMP thE mAd; October 2, 2004, 12:54.

I read post on corrupted saved game, and i think my problem will be fixed with the "reloadslic" tip. But, now, i can't load this damn game... Don't know why. Games crash as soon as i try to load saved game...

Comment

Do you have the latest source code playtest build? If no, I suggest you remove the game, install it again, install the mods and Modswapper back on, and download the latest playtest build from here:

You will probably lose this savegame anyway, but the playtest build is much more stable and better than the original.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ty for answer !

I download all files you linked, desinstall ctp2 and try to reinstall it. But now it's worst : when i try to patch with the 1.1, install program said that "he can't find ctp2 on your system".

I'm becoming crazy...

Comment

You don't need to patch with 1.1 after that. After installing CtP2 again, just extract the files you downloaded and you don't need to install the official patch anymore - you can from there proceed with installing mods and playing.

Comment

Wasn´t a modupdater needed also to change 1 or 2 lines in certain files?
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Can't recall if it's needed still. Anyway, I did that manually...

Comment

Well ty for advises.

I do what you said, and it's working ! I can play again with my saved game ! Woot !

Well, now i will play with this mods

Comment

That's nice to hear! So you can even load old save games now, that's confirmed... good, good .

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                    Wasn´t a modupdater needed also to change 1 or 2 lines in certain files?
                    It isn't needed anymore, but updating the terrain.txt and the tileimp.txt and const.txt concerning freight cost and cravan coefficient are very good ideas, but if I remember correctly these updates aren't included in ModUpdater.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                      It isn't needed anymore, but updating the terrain.txt and the tileimp.txt and const.txt concerning freight cost and cravan coefficient are very good ideas, but if I remember correctly these updates aren't included in ModUpdater.
                      They were not included. It was just a quick hack, and as Martin says it is no longer needed. I may construct a better version at some point if I have the time...

Comment

Working...
                      X