Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game stops BreakDown

Salut,

I play CIV since a loooooooong time many years ago and surely also CTP2.
    It wasnt so funny and I stopped cause so many Bugs errors and so on are in this game that its nearly a waste to play it...

I read about the Apolyton Mod and I tried again - WONDERFUL ! PERFECT ! THANKS FOR THIS SUCH A LOT !

But...now....I have MY perfect game running...and it breaks down always. Security saving is in every case a good idea playing CTP2 but ....

I reload a game now - no matter which round - and I can play sometimes one round but most of the time it just crashes. No Error by XP no window telling me whatever - it just closes.

I read about the /reloadslic trick....no was not working...

I read about the 28.06.04 source code project released for playtesting - downloaded it but as it seems in the txt file this is only for non Apolyton Mod and just PURE CTP2 installations?!

So please what can I do what shpuld I try to make it running again ?

Thanks in advance for help !

PS:My Words are backed with LAWYERS !

The Source Code build is much better than the original, and it does now support mods, including Apolyton Pack. The build you downloaded is old, check this link for the latest one:

I'm not sure if you'd be able to load your saved game with it (I think, however, you will), but you definitely will want that installed .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I did and what I get now is at start:
      Runtime error 53

For Mod and Normal Game....

What do I have to do ?

Comment

Error 53? Can't recall if that was reported for the source build... Does it say which file it can't find? Error 53 typically occurs in Windows applications that can't find, say, a DLL crucial to their operation.

Comment

ok i made a mistake by copying

Comment

It's best to post about problems with the playtest in the playtest thread, where the coders will notice .

Edit: But I see in this case it wasn't necessary .

Comment

My Units are red now...possible to change ?
              And-error picture of austrians maria theresa not found..

I test more...but it seems to be stabil now...THANKS A LOT

Comment

No... when you load a savegame from an old version with the new builds, your color changes. For new games, though, you'll be able to choose any color you want.

For that error... have you downloaded all the files in the post I linked to and unzipped the picture files properly?

Comment

Yes downloaded and added checked 3 times and did again....

Game now broke down again after 3 rounds...

With these changes is it still the Apolyton Mod now ?

AND the messages in german are - not working!
                  Just part of sentences appear....

Comment

To fix the message problem, do a reloadslic.

You still need to use Modswapper to run mods with the source build if you want the changes.

Now I'm sure John would have some other answers .

Comment

Ok I will try...if I am not back in 5 minutes its working *S* !

Comment

Reloadslic worked but game still crashes...during calculation of rounds....

Comment

Just for testing... start a new game and play a few turns, see if it's stable. I wouldn't be surprised if the crash is only because you're loading a savegame from the original, a lot has changed in the system by now.

Comment

...and by right click on city and choosing buildmanager...

CTP2 was always stable till my nation grewed a bit...the larger it became the more crashes...so I need a day to test it ;-)

But I will...rain all day makes a lot possible...

Comment

Well, in the different playtest builds,we have had different bugs. One build crashed if you emptied the build queue of a city, for examole. That latest build does, though, so far seem pretty stable to me and others.

Comment

Working...
                              X