No announcement yet.

Game stops BreakDown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werid, I have encountered no problems so far with the latest build, perhaps it´s because of what solver said, reloading an older version savegame.
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

tigerduck, you should post the crash.txt generated by the ctp2.exe in the playtest thread, so that we have a chance to track down the problems.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I started new game and deleted old one *grrrrrrrr*...

Now I have problem: Targa Load error : constantine.tga is missing
        did i wrong or is pic missing ?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerduck
          I started new game and deleted old one *grrrrrrrr*...

Now I have problem: Targa Load error : constantine.tga is missing
          did i wrong or is pic missing ?
          The problem is that the original game never used these images so noone took the effeorts to remove them from the according text files. However to solve this problem open the APOL_civ_str.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ folder with any text editor of your choice e.g. notepad and find the passage about the emissary photos in that file. Once you find these photos you just need to comment them out. To do this you put in front of each line a: #

Maybe this might cause some other problems but we will see and fix it later if necessary.

-Martin

Comment

Merci-comment them out means - sie rausschmeissen ?
            So in front of each pic I detect missing I make an "#" ?

Crash.txt is generated where ?
            I was using search cause game broke again in bulding manager mode but there is no crash.txt generated.

How can I find to post it ?

MERCI !

Comment

Re crash.txt, see:

Comment

I am very happy about the help !

I continue playing and you can be sure....crash.txt is coming soon.....

*Now I use archery but my lawyers will come soon*

Comment

I think that if you extract the picture archives from the post here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...59#post3316959 , the photos would work....
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I used this pictures I extracted 2 times to make sure but its not working - constantine.tga is missing can you check if its inside ?

Comment

I had the same problem at some point. In fact, the constantine.tga is in one of the zfs files.... but you're better off doing as Martin said, comment out those lines if you are having problems.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I used this pictures I extracted 2 times to make sure but its not working - constantine.tga is missing can you check if its inside ?
                        The picture belongs into your ..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\pictures\ folder if it is not there, there game cannot find it.

Merci-comment them out means - sie rausschmeissen ?
                        Actual it should be raus-schmei-ßen instead of raus-schme-is-sen. Well it is so tempting to play with some reforms. But being serious to comment out means auskommentieren, however the result is the same as the stuff would have been deleted or it would have been rausgeschissen.

-Martin

Comment

KLUGSCHEISSEN :-)

Comment

and...the story continues:

Apol_civilisation.txt Line 1403
                            Could not find Byzantine_diplomat_photo in string database

Line 1403 Error
                            Expected number of civilisations not found

Civ App Error:UNable to limit the databases

I guess...the error now is cause I did what M Gühmann wrote : I made the # to kick out the missing picture civs but...of course I would like to continue playing.....

Comment

Ok - erased the # and its working and I posted a new crash.txt in the playest thread !

Comment

Well that's finally the last part that has to be done. All the pictures that the game now request should be in , but the the quoted file names should be replaced, for instance:

BYZANTINE_DIPLOMAT_PHOTO "constantine.tga"

should be

BYZANTINE_DIPLOMAT_PHOTO "updp050.tga"

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X