This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axi:

We have on my part only auto-caching that IE does. And I save most of my posts also. Many of us do things that way, and among the group we have always been able to recover a lost thread. Markos also backs up the forums every month or so IIRC.

Do we have any volunteers to maintain a good backup of the forum? Once the initial work is done, it would take about 20-30 min a week max IMO. Any takers?
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Demo 5 Is coming, but we've been slowed down a little by real life... With any luck a preview version will be out this weekend, and the final demo 5 version maybe another week after that. Sorry this is taking so long, but them's the breaks...
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

why is your computers date at least 3 days further than mine?? just noticing
        to code is to live -4VAlien-

Comment

??? Sorry just don't know what you mean. If its my ... 15 vs your 12 date, then mine is March 15. Obviously we missed that milestone big time .

Comment

bump
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

new here

Well I'm new here and I'm really confused on the beginning part. When I started what was I suppose to do. How do I get more units and why does the little color box in the middle turn pink when I click it. I read the manual, did I miss something?

BTW, too bad you didn't do it in C++ with OpenGL, I would've love to help create a civ game.

Comment

btw, how do you move the map around to see the rest of the world?

Comment

Hi DJ, welcome to Clash!

Demo 5 will be out fairly soon, and will make d4 obsolete, but here are some brief answers...

(for more you can go to the thread discussing d4 that is linked to on the d4 download page: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum21/HTML/000199.html)

New TFs are automatically built by your economy. Settings are randomly generated because d4 has the old econ model which wasn't the focus in d4.

pink square = selected square -- these can be used for a variety of things if you read the Shortcut Keys part of the manual. I may not have explicitly mentioned pink = selected in the manual...

Moving the map... select a square on either map. Then hit 'x' and it will make the selected square the center of view for that map.

Too bad you don't code in Java, c'est la vie...

Comment

Thanks! Cool Game btw, can't wait till d5!

Comment

Thanks DJ. Please give us any feedback on the design areas that you're motivated to provide, good or bad!

Don't wait for D5 too anxiously though... Basically its just a crude demo for some GUI elements, and the military and economic systems. It will be less of a game than D4 was because of the complete re-building of the code from the ground up. However it should enable us to make faster progress in the future, and D6 should be much more like a real game!

However D5 will allow us to get critical feedback on whether the two models are good, and hopefully that we're moving in the right direction.

Comment

Aw, and I thought D5 was going to be wondeful!

Cheers

Comment

Sound's great! One thing I really liked tho was the combat system. I thought that was pretty cool, I guess because it's different from the rest.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback DJ

Eventually I'm going to have to figure out how to make this thread stick to the top again!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Um, bump seems to do it...

Comment

Working...
                                X