Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you guys have been banging on this a little while now. What would you say - what % done ~~ ??

When would you say a pretty near to complete version will be ready?

Comment

% done: 5%

done: never

a real game that's playable and entertaining, but perhaps not complete by professional standards... Maybe October.

It all depends on how many hours of our current programmers and artists are available between now and then, and how many new ones show up.
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Have you thought about including different difficulty settings already?
        The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

It's been brandied about. But we can't discuss it seriously until the models are a lot more complete and we have playtested the game.

For example, I could describe, with numbers, how the difficulty settings might affect the technology model and the difficulty of research. But since we haven't playtested the model, I don't know the exact effect of those changes. Difficulty levels will have to come a lot later in the development process.

Comment

Yep, difficulty settings are a loooong way away. The only thing I can add at this point is that the difficulty levels should be very customizable. So you should be able to arbitrarily make military conquest harder independent of tech or the economy.
            A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Hey, I haven't been here for a long while(a year?)
              I remember the great excitement of last spring with all the super realistic models(economy(Mark Everson), military(Druid2), diplomacy(Kull), government(Hrafnkell)...) that kept coming and that generated huge discussions.

I would just like to know('cos I don't want to spend hours on the net searching), has all of it remained unchanged? Or did you have, at one stage, to somewhat simplify things...(oh no!)
              Basically, I'm willing to have an update here, not an overview of the Clash project.

Comment

Hi Mikael:

Well, of course there's been a lot of changes... but if what you're asking is in general have most of the models been radically simplified, then the answer is no.

If you aren't sufficiently interested to hit the Clash web page and read some of the summaries, which are generally only a few paragraphs long, then its Definitely not worth it to me to spend significant amounts of time to write you a summary...

Comment

So there's a Clash webpage? Thank you, I'm heading there right now!
                  Geez, so many things have happened in a year...

Comment

Bump

Comment

you wont need another bump
                      [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited July 23, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Markos!

Comment

well... so what do you guys have?? screen shots? working demo (not a working demo that requires a 2 hour setup!).

Is the game playable yet?

Comment

Hi MWHC:

Demo soon, although not a very exciting one yet... The new architecture is taking longer to get going than anticipated due to excesses of real life .

A more exciting demo that will run from a browser or locally should be ready by maybe the end of Jan.

No new screen shots.

Comment

I've added a Clash of civilizations highlights section to the introductory blurb at the top of this thread.

Comment

***bump***

Yes, that WAS a sticky thread, but with the recent malady that ACS has undergone, it has lost it's sticky status and has sunk in it's proper position. I hope that everything is ok with the Clash Team's accounts (alot of accounts in Apolyton were messed up).

This brings back the issue if we have a backup of some sort, of the most important threads for the development of Clash. Mark?

------------------
                                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                                George Orwell
                                "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                                George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X