Clash Web Site Discussion/Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash Web Site Discussion/Requests

Hello everyone! This is the thread Mark suggested I start. Well, I guess the thread name says all...

Here you can post anything that needs to be change/updated on the web site, comments, and any suggestions.

[This message has been edited by koolguy2005_ls (edited February 12, 2001).]
    Koolguy's Web Site

Just a question: What has changed in the site since 8 Feb? I can't see any difference.

------------------
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

Comment

What I mean by a "major update" is, over time the clash web site has become very cluttered. I have updated allot of HTML, move some images around, added a link to the forum within the clash frame, and I hope to change some of the layouts. Hopefully you understand.
      [This message has been edited by koolguy2005_ls (edited February 13, 2001).]
      Koolguy's Web Site

Comment

Hi Dom:

Sava, a new artist with the project, found a deadlink on the Demo Graphics # 1 page on the web site. There are two links that point to "Graphics Thread" that point to the old thread that died and is now on the web site. The new thread location is: http://clash.apolyton.net/misc/GraphicsThread.shtml

If you could switch over the links I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mark
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Thanks for informing me about that droken link, Sava (you too Mark )!
          I have fixed the link and sent it to mark for upload. Any other comments? I really want to hear from you guys ... (If you don't like something ... )
          Koolguy's Web Site

Comment

Thanks Dom!

Yeah lets hear requests from everyone on the web page. Especially new team members.

I have one suggestion: You tried before to get decent search capability hooked up, and it wasn't practical. Can you take another look at that, and see if there isn't something better available now. Because that would be Really useful.

I also have a poll I would like to do on demo distribution.

Which of the following methods would you use to playtest Clash demos? (Vote for all that apply)

Run via web (~60 seconds to launch, no save files)
            Run via browser on your computer (fast launch, no saves)
            Stand-alone application (fast launch, saves enabled)
            Stand-alone with new Java features (about 5 MB download required)

When you get the poll done, if you could also start a thread with a link to the poll so that people could comment further in the thread, it would be really useful...

Thanks!

Mark

P.S. if any of the coders have ideas for further questions to add to this poll, please comment ASAP.
            A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Hi Dom, I've got one more request...

The suggestions page needs to be updated, with the following changes:

1. Replace "approaching 3000" with "more than 6000"

2. After the paragraph that ends with "... to find whether we've discussed what you're thinking about." Please insert the following blurb:

If the "Current Forum Thread" is locked, then it means the web page needs updating! Here is what you should do:
              Go to the very end of that locked thread, and if we have been doing our job correctly, there is a link to the next one. If you follow that link, then you will know where that thread is, and can post in it. Also, if you could then post the fact that the "current" thread for an area is stale in the "Clash Web Site Discussion/Requests" thread, I'd really appreciate it. Then Dom will know to update the current thread on the web page, and everything will be back to normal. (We are supposed to let him know when we start new threads, but sometimes forget .)

Comment

Me again...

Can you list this one as the current Govt model thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum21/HTML/000306.html?35

And please also list the one that proceeds it (currently listed as Current Thread on the site) along with the related threads on the govt page...

Thanks!

-Mark

Comment

Hey Dom:

We've got another project member to be added to the team page. The info is on the Team Members' thread.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

Dom, I have e-mailed you the new tech spreadsheets and instructions. They have the newest model equations and hopefully they don't have the problems that the last ones did. Could you replace the three old files with this .zip file?

Comment

I'm sorry, but I have had computer complications lately and have had to completely format my computer. Please allow me two or three days to recover from this. I'm sorry ...

Comment

Hey Dom, no problem. Hope your difficulties are over soon!

Comment

Dom,
                          Could you please put a link to the 'Map AI Coding' thread on the Map AI Model page? The url is http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum21/HTML/000350.html

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the Updates! I have completed most, if not all, of the updates. If any team member would like for me to update anything else, I would be more than welcome to do it.
                            [This message has been edited by Dominic (edited March 28, 2001).]

Comment

Just wanted to let you guys know that there may be a change in the Clash Web Site location. It has come to the point that, it's no longer a "do this when you have the time" sort of thing. It's starting to be a full time job! I have no access to the web site via FTP, do to that DSL-FTP issue that we had with Apolyton. I have been sending everything to Mark and having him upload and do the changes, but it's become unbearable to remember what has been updated and what needs to be updated. Besides, I think Mark has much better things to do than be the middle man.

Well, what I have done is set up a NBCI account for The Clash Web Site. I have made the updates that were asked and more.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
                              [This message has been edited by Dominic (edited March 30, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X