No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 5 - The Wrath of Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior to most of my fleet being wiped out, I had a chance against GT. Post, a surrender was the quickest way to get a new game started.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley

Still a mystery to me, what caused the Kass-Joncha alliance to merge with the Skanky-GT alliance?
      It seemed like a good idea at the time.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Its only because Kassi rolled a 20 on his diplomacy check.
        At least, thats what he told us he rolled. :suspicious:
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• It seemed like a good idea at the time.
          I'd thought you'd at least have gotten the bulk of the bases in exchange for your spy services... you should demand better terms next time.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
            Oh, and regarding Co-Op victories - to my knowledge, they were neither expressly allowed nor disallowed, which is why I bothered to ask in the first place. I accept that it's no longer allowed, and I accept the reasoning behind that, but at the time, there no rules one way or the other, so Skanky had every right, and in fact was required, to make the call on whether to allow it or not.
            Ever since the start the rule read: You win the game by destroying all the bases and fleets of your opponents to become the Galactic Overlordtm!!!

The rule clearly states there can be only one Galactic Overlord and that the one wins by destroying all bases and fleets of one's opponents.

Comment

• One's ally is not one's opponent.
              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I disagree. They were not allies before the game and they were bitter opponents at the start, hence they were opponents in the sense of the rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko

Dodging the issue Doc? You asked him all right, but not publicly and very, very late. You can't say now your allied victory was a fair one, all things considered.
                  Actually we asked early, when there was still time to fight it out if he said no. All the player can do is check the rules with the GM and follow them. We did, and we won.

Comment

Oh, and regarding Co-Op victories - to my knowledge, they were neither expressly allowed nor disallowed, which is why I bothered to ask in the first place. I accept that it's no longer allowed, and I accept the reasoning behind that, but at the time, there no rules one way or the other, so Skanky had every right, and in fact was required, to make the call on whether to allow it or not.
                    Hear hear, and trying to backdate later rules decisions (from a close vote btw) to earlier games is just stupid.

Comment

• For the record, the PM enquiring about a co-operative victory was sent on Turn 13, of a 21-round game. At the time, there were still five players remaining, and I hadn't even allied with Spike yet. If the answer had been no, the endgame would likely have unfolded very differently.

Comment

• Quite.

Comment

For the record, the PM enquiring about a co-operative victory was sent on Turn 13, of a 21-round game. At the time, there were still five players remaining, and I hadn't even allied with Spike yet. If the answer had been no, the endgame would likely have unfolded very differently.

That should have not been a PM in the first place.
                          Second, it should have been made public immediately after the ruling.

Skanky's decision to pronounce you two winners came as a surprise to everybody but the three of you. And the surprise soon turned to outrage.

Comment

• Um, actually you are the only one whinging about it. It's over and we won. Deal with it.

Comment

• Um, as the GM I declare Smiley winner of Galactic Overlord 6. Let's start Galactic Overlord 7. It's over and he won. Deal with it.

Comment

• Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X