No announcement yet.

PETA is filled with idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely I'm a vegetarian as cows eat vegetables and when I eat a cow, I'm just eating vegetables in a different form.

Now when i go out for bear steaks or lion rib roasts then you can claim I'm not a vegetarian.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
      Surely I'm a vegetarian as cows eat vegetables and when I eat a cow, I'm just eating vegetables in a different form.

Now when i go out for bear steaks or lion rib roasts then you can claim I'm not a vegetarian.

But this lion eats cows and ghazalas which eat grass and vegetables... So...
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

the fact remains that when I open my fence, my dog does not run out and leave me. I don't even need a fence, but I keep it for security reasons.

I take this as a sign that my dog wants to be my buddy. Anybody who trys to take my buddy is getting a faceful of lead.

Comment

He's just used to being your buddy.
          He does not know how it would be like to be a wild animal
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

PETA are stupid. Throw spam at them.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

mmmm--- I think I should have a steak for lunch today . .. I wonder can I find a PETA branch and drop by to offer them some
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                  Homosexuals can speak up for their rights but animals never have and even if they could we can't be certain what they would say.
                  That's not correct. Animals do speak up for themselves, but only individually, and not necessarily in a way most people understand. Most frequently, they lash out at their oppressors when being tormented.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
                    But yes, PETA are complete hypocrites of the worst order. Why is it that when a PETA member gets diabetes, it's okay for the animal to help them keep fighting?
                    Because the animal testing was done 80 years ago, and no amount of protesting will change that fact. If you're going to accuse people of hypocricy, at least point out actual instances of hypocricy.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                      Why doesn't PETA ever address the problem of animals eating other animals?
                      That's a stupid counter-argument. Humans are perfectly capable of living as herbivores, thus the killng of animals for food is not necessary for humans. Preditors are not capable of living as herbivores, and thus must eat other animals to live. Furthermore, herbivores evolved in concert with carnivores, and require their existence in order to prevent overpopulation and species die-off. Human meat eating does not play this role in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Because the animal testing was done 80 years ago, and no amount of protesting will change that fact. If you're going to accuse people of hypocricy, at least point out actual instances of hypocricy.
                        It is hypocrisy. They say all animal testing should stop, but thank God for animal testing in my case.

Animal testing stops, medical advancements stop, it's that simple.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Nothing against your brother, TMM, but many people in PETA are pretty capable of wildnerness survival.

Comment

Most pharma companies would gladly stop teseting on animals in exchange for testing on PETA members. Though, it would take for ever to see genetic effects.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Humans are perfectly capable of living as herbivores, thus the killng of animals for food is not necessary for humans.

Necessary ? No. But eating animals are oh so delicious.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Was it Homer (Simpson) who said "If god doesn't want us to eat meat, than why did he make them taste so good?"
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X