Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHICS MOD: Trip's Graphics Set

*Download at the bottom of post*

As per the request of some people, I've posted my graphics mod online so that other people can download it.

Please note that I did not personally make any of these graphics, only assembled them into a single graphics mod pack for my own usage and now for the enjoyment of others. All credit for creation of the graphics is to the creators (the only one of which I remember is Sn00py, who did all of the terrain), and if they should happen to stop by and send me a PM, I will mention that they created one component or another.

Instructions:

Download the ZIP anywhere on your computer and then extract into the Civ 3 root folder.

Please note that doing so will override what graphics you already have.

So if you care at all about what you already have, please make a backup of every file in the ZIP which is overwritten. I am not responsible for any lost graphics or reinstallation requirements. You have been warned.

While the set accomodates Civ 3: Conquests, I don't see why it couldn't be used for any other version of Civ 3 even if you don't have Conquests of PTW (shame on you).

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to post.

The Download.

1st screenshot:

Shows terrain change, irrigation, borders and resources. Note that some resource graphics have been changed, as well as all of them now having an indicator which shows the amount of food, shields and gold each gives.
    Attached Files

Second screenshot:

Shows change to the laborers in each city. They now have little faces to indicate whether they're happy, content, unhappy or resisting. Note that all the other graphics change that you can see in this screenshot that are different from my previous screenshot ARE NOT IMPLIMENTED. The only thing I want to show in this shot is the new little people.
    Attached Files

Comment

YAY!!!

Thanks, Trip... these were the resource graphics I liked the most, but hadn't been aware of a set for C3C.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Thanks, Trip!
        I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Thanks Trip! I especially like the little shading lines on the borders. I've seen when there is lots of Jungle or mountains and forest around it's hard to see the borders sometimes, that ought to help.

Kudo's to SnOOPY and the rest for creating them, and you for packaging it all together.

Comment

Thanks Trip
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Causes crash

I've been using this pack for a while and noticed a problem.

If you get to Policemen/Civil Engineers, you can't use them without crashing the game.

They're not in the popHeads file... hee hee Guess I'm going to try and fix it...

Is it just me?

SSR

*EDIT* Ok, fixed it. Civ Eng. aren't pretty, but it doesn't crash anymore
              If anyone need the fixed file let me know.
              Last edited by StainlessSteel; October 22, 2004, 16:38.

Comment

Re: Causes crash

Originally posted by StainlessSteel

If you get to Policemen/Civil Engineers, you can't use them without crashing the game.

They're not in the popHeads file... hee hee Guess I'm going to try and fix it...

Is it just me?

SSR

Why dont you post that file here???????
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Re: Causes crash

Is it just me?

SSR

Please post that here.

Comment

The fix

Ok here it is:
                    I'd copy or rename your old popheads.pcx and then rename this one to popheads.pcx
                    Put it in the \Conquests\Art\SmallHeads\
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

thanks to both of you, trip and StainlessSteel

Comment

Re: The fix

Ok here it is:
                          I'd copy or rename your old popheads.pcx and then rename this one to popheads.pcx
                          Put it in the \Conquests\Art\SmallHeads\

Thanx!

Comment

Had to remove it from upload because I don't have much space...

You can now find it here.

I will probably move it back to uploads again at some point.

Comment

Trip, Yahoo blocks me from downloading the zip file.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X