No announcement yet.

Big Boom in Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is SK behavior explained? Is there an overwhelming desire to put unification over safety and well-being? Is the South government in league with the North?

Sorry if I sound like I'm trolling. I ain't. But it just seems ignert to be so careless in approach with Kim.

they might not be worried because nkorea pulls wacky **** all the time. they're kinda used to it by now.
    B♭3

Comment

Or even better:

Comment

yes, kalius, i found that out before you posted it.

wikipedia is a fabulous thing.
        B♭3

Comment

yes, kalius, i found that out before you posted it.

wikipedia is a fabulous thing.
          I know, you beat me to the punch

Comment

Lord knows, this is proof positive that we were right to go into Iraq!

WTF does Iraq have to do with North Korea? The North Korean problem was already beyond solving by the time invading Iraq began to be seriously debated.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

If this was a nuclear explosion then it would have been picked up by seismographs all over the world. There would be little doubt as to the nature of the explosion.

According to Yahoo news the Chinese have just offered aide to North Korea. Could Kim be extorting his only supporter? Smooth move Kim. Just wait until they send a Shaolin assassin after him.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

A large cloud that appeared over North Korea in satellite images several days ago was not the result of a nuclear explosion, according to a U.S. official.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency is reporting a huge explosion shook North Korea's northernmost province on Thursday producing a mushroom cloud over 4 kilometers (two miles) wide.

The blast coincided with the anniversary of North Korea's founding on Sepember 9 when various military activities are staged.

The U.S. official said the cloud could be the result of a forest fire.

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I have the distinct feeling that someone on our side is lying to us.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Why would you think that? Forest fires explode into multi-kilometer mushroom clouds all the time.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                      Why would you think that? Forest fires explode into multi-kilometer mushroom clouds all the time.
                      Happened near my house one time. We were picking up **** for a week
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

연합뉴스는 국내외 취재망을 구축하여 제작한 기사를 대한민국의 각종 신문,방송과 정부 부처,주요 기관,주요 기업체,인터넷 매체와 해외 계약 매체에도 공급하고 있다. 2003년 제정된 '뉴스통신진흥에 관한 법률'에 의해 국가기간통신사로 지정되었고, 국내에 580여명의 전문 취재진과 워싱턴, 파리, 모스크바, 도쿄, 베이징 등 전 세계 39개 주요 지역에 60여명에 달하는 특파원 및 통신원을 파견하고 있다.

Can anyone confirm that this is the translation? I don't have the Right character set to correctly display this:
                        "/begin my translation

North Korea: Two signs of explosions, on the night of 09/08, and the early morning of 09/09

A government source disclosed on Sept. 12 that two seismic activities were detected on the night of Sept. 8 and the early morning of Sept. 9, from the explosion at Kim Hyong-jik County, Yanggang Province, N. Korea.

According to the source, both S. Korean and Chinese earthquake monitoring stations picked up from Yanggang Province area of N. Korea, " seismic activities presumably related to two explosions, one at 11pm on 09/08, and the other at 1am on 09/09."

Earlier, another key government figure revealed, "The incident occurred on the night of 09/08. Our government(S. Korean gov.) noticed a sign of trouble on the early morning of 09/09. That is pretty close to what happened. Before the mushroom cloud was observed on the morning of 09/09, we detected another sign of trouble."

/end my translation
                        "

Comment

I have the distinct feeling that someone on our side is lying to us.

seeing as a lot of people think powell's lied before...

course, this is wapo, which is supposedly liberal schlock...
                          B♭3

Comment

Wasn't Ryongyang the province where the rail station explosion happened?

Ryangyang? Yangyang? The same one?
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If it's nuclear, wouldn't it have been confirmed by a dozen different university seismologists by now? It would be hard for the government to lie on something like this...
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

An explosion at a munitions factory or storage depot my produce a shock big enough to be detected by seismograph, and might set fires large enough to produce a 2 mile wide cloud.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X