Big Boom in Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cloud = the fireball?

Heh, I was about to edit in that caveat, and linearly project the energy of the NK nuke, then figured that projection would be totally silly since there's absolutely no reason to think the relationship between the energy of the bomb and the radius is linear, and forgot about that caveat.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

I think somebody in Washington needs to talk with Bejing and find out what exactly happened. Some things are just not adding up.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

we should know whether or not this was nuclear by now.(it is within the realm of possibilities that they gathered 6 thousand tons of explosives... but thats not too likely)

Comment

Nuclear reactor explosion?
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

My guess
            Attached Files
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hmm ... well, one would think that if it was a nudet, something official would've been announced by now. I mean, Thursday is ancient history in today's interconnected world. Then again, this *is* NK we're talking about.

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Still no fallout reported anywhere.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

mayeb they developed a new type of bomb

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    Still no fallout reported anywhere.
                    Sort of strange, in'it? I would imagine the media in Japan should be going ape**** long before now.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

a "clean bomb"?
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

nye, nkorea's not that crowded, compared to the other countries of the area, except for russia.
                        however, they mention yanggang province, and that name doesn't ring a bell, seeing as the only provinces up north are the n&s hamgong, hwanghae, n&s p'yongan, and gangwon provinces...

i'm not sure where in nkorea this happened.
                        B♭3

Comment

I was thinking there might be some remote areas in the North.

Does Kimhyungjik county ring a bell?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

yeah, i read the article.

counties are smaller than provinces, at least if the translation is correct--meaning that if i don't recognize the province name, odds are that i wouldn't recognize the county.
                            B♭3

Comment

thank god for wikipedia.

(the article explains why it's yanggang/ryanggang)

i've never heard of this province, but it's understandable because my geography of the north is fuzzy at best--i know where some of the big cities are, but that's about it. this area, iirc, is actually not too crowded.
                              B♭3

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X