Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bust Buy no longer carries Civ3 - Gold; Is Civ3 - Complete coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bust Buy no longer carries Civ3 - Gold; Is Civ3 - Complete coming soon?

I have been playing Civ2 for ages and waiting for years to buy Civ3 when the price drops. Now I see rumors of Civ3 - Complete coming in September. So I'll wait a little longer, but I can't find much proof that the new version is coming. Until I went to Best Buy this week.

The current Civ3 line has been discontinued from Best Buy's inventory. Civ3 is off the shelves. Something must be coming to replace it.

I can't wait. I'll get Civ3 just as 4 is getting to come out.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Perhaps you were looking in the wrong store.

Comment

The current Civ3 line has been discontinued from Best Buy's inventory. Civ3 is off the shelves. Something must be coming to replace it.
      skrobism, I think you need turn your 'crystal ball' back around from upside down.

Just kidding of course! However, any method can claim accurancy these days!

Conquests and CIV 4 will be most likely (my speculation) different games, so buy away if you can find it.
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Re: Bust Buy no longer carries Civ3 - Gold; Is Civ3 - Complete coming soon?

Originally posted by skrobism
        I have been playing Civ2 for ages and waiting for years to buy Civ3 when the price drops. Now I see rumors of Civ3 - Complete coming in September. So I'll wait a little longer, but I can't find much proof that the new version is coming. Until I went to Best Buy this week.

I can't wait. I'll get Civ3 just as 4 is getting to come out.
        I doubt we'll be seeing Civ4 till at least another year from now.

As for getting Civ3 - either buy Civ3 Vanilla and Conquests on-line, or wait for Civ3 Complete.

Comment

re: wrong store
          No. Several Best Buys all reported the same thing. You can still buy on-line. Walmart and Target still carry Civ3.

re: Civ 4
          You are probably right.

re: Buy vanilla or wait for Complete.
          I have read here at Apolyton that Complete is coming soon. Sept 15? I've waited this long - I'll wait 'til Oct 1 for Complete.

re: my crystal ball
          Oh! That's better. Thanks.
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Yo, Civ 3 - Complete??????????? I've been away from the site for a while and need to know what this is. Help.

Comment

Civ3 Complete = Civ3 and Conquests.

If you already have Conquests, you don't need Civ3 Complete. It's just a new package so people who are new to Civ3 can buy both Vanilla and Conquests at once.

Comment

Will Civ3 Complete run on the Mac???

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Ahhhhh thanks Kloreep

Comment

It's here It's here!

The Civ3 Site has finally updated and announced Civ3Complete.

Comment

BestBuy.com is taking pre-orders with an ETA of 10/5 - 10/12.

Comment

Well, they went ahead and did the 'unthinkable' here now one year later... and another year to go............. going.................. gone.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... gee or is that 'gong'
                          The Graveyard Keeper
                          Of Creation Forum
                          If I can't answer you don't worry
                          I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

I'm not sure I get your point. Are you saying Civ 3 is c rap and i should not buy after waiting years for the price to fall? Are you saying this because you don't like CivC? Is this about the lack of a patch for CivC?

What's the deal? What so 'unthinkable'?

Comment

Go get it, it's a good game, not brilliant but good enough to play around with for several weeks.
                              Can't really ask more of a game, can you.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X