No announcement yet.

High School Standings, where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Standings, where were you?

We all know that high schools can be a tuff place to be, depending on which side of the fence your on. So, Were you a nerd, the popular guy, or just a normal kid in a school? Did you get teased or were you a teaser? Were you a bully or were you bullied?
    No need to answer if you are shy or affraid to, but atleast, just vote on the poll! If you feel you dont care what people think, then talk about it.

DO you think that rejects/nerds still suffer 10 years later if they were bullied or rejected in high school? I ask this because I saw a report on TV yesterday that says that emotional pain of rejection and such is pin-pointed in the brain at the same place than physical pain. And they said it could leave scars for many many years...

That's why I made the pole.

Spec.
    Popular
    7.14%
    Popular/Teaser
    3.57%
    Popular/Bully
    0.00%
    Normal
    28.57%
    Normal/Teaser
    7.14%
    Normal/Bully
    0.00%
    Nerd/Reject/left alone
    35.71%
    Nerd/Reject/Bullied or Teased
    17.86%
    Last edited by Spec; August 23, 2004, 11:44.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I was a normal student who most ppl knew. I took advanced courses and helped out a lot of the jocks. I had a good group of friends who knew how to party, and was generally left alone, even though I had a loud mouth. It was made known that there were plenty of ppl who wanted to kick my arse but didn't out of fear of what my friends would do to them after I got whopping.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't know what I'd classify myself as, so I said normal. I guess I was more a jock than anything, but not so much in the traditional jock sports or mold. I was more of an all-around athlete - played on the tennis, volleyball, basketball and track teams. Most (but certainly not all) of my friends were similar in that regard. I never teased/bullied anyone and never got teased/bullied. Alot of people knew me and none wanted to kick my ass as far as I knew.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Normal, pro'lly cause drinking brings people together , and weren't bullied or teased, due to my size.

Seriously, though, normal, I think, only I have no idea how I'd fare in N. American schools. They seem ****ing wierd.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I was a noraml kid too, and I knew everyone. I teased people a lot. No one specific, anyone when the timing was right. I never took clans or hung with specific people, I hung out with anyone. Well, anyone who I could relate to, which is pretty much anyone.

Spec.
          Last edited by Spec; August 23, 2004, 11:44.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Some combination of Nerd/Loner/Teaser/Teased

Untill I dropped out, anyways. (which wasn't long)
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What year? And what do you do now?

Spec.

Comment

I barely made it out of school alive, and it still took me another seven years to undo my "training" until I had the guts to stand up for myself.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That pretty much sums it up. Just change the "or" to an "and." Which is probably the reason I couldn't have cared less that I heard nothing about a 10-yr reunion (I graduated in 1994). There are like 5 people I might have wanted to see & talk to.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    Which is probably the reason I couldn't have cared less that I heard nothing about a 10-yr reunion (I graduated in 1994). There are like 5 people I might have wanted to see & talk to.

-Arrian
                    It took me a long time to forgive and get over high school. I'm going to try to make it to the 20-year anniversery next year.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's not like I really have lasting feelings of angst (with one noteable exception) towards anyone. I just don't care about them. Thus, I have no reason to want to see them.

As for the exception... I normally do not hold grudges. It's really out of character for me. In fact, in the past I've made an effort to at least be civil, but that got me nowhere. It wouldn't matter, really, except that his twin brother is very close friends with my best friend, and he's a good guy I do like to hang out with now and again. I could probably survive being in the same room with the *******, but I'm not sure I could have a civil conversation with him. When somebody who you haven't seen in years, and are being nice to, inquires as to how that "gook chick you were dating" is doing (at the time, I was head-over-heels in love with that girl), that's pretty much the end of the line. Despite the fact that things ended very badly and I have spoken to the girl (totally lost touch) in 6 years, I still get mad just thinking about that incident. And I'm still regretful that I didn't slug him, or at least do something. I was so shocked I just stood there with my mouth open like an idiot.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I was unclassifiable.

Basically a geek who was into computers, science fiction and RPG, but I also played a lot of sports (could you guess which ones? ), and I was also quite popular.

Took all the advanced courses and more, and built silly projects for science fairs.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Do you think that rejects/nerds still suffer 10 years later if they were bullied or rejected in high school? I ask this because I saw a report on TV yesterday that says that emotional pain of rejection and such is pin-pointed in the brain at the same place than physical pain. And they said it could leave scars for many many years...

I hope not.

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                            Do you think that rejects/nerds still suffer 10 years later if they were bullied or rejected in high school?
                            Did you just miss my post? Yes, it take a while to undo the pain and damage caused by years of bullying and social ostracization.

Comment

I never remember when high school was, comparing to danish school system

When I was about 10 years old, I was the one who was teased all the time, but a few years later I learned to ignore it
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X