Stout Souls wanted to see if they can get the Clash Demo to Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stout Souls wanted to see if they can get the Clash Demo to Run

For now, no takers are wanted. I think the way I'm doing the demo now is wrong for some obscure reason. (10/10/99)

See, the problem is that nobody who isn't java-literate has been able to get the demo to run. Well, actually only one non-java person has tried the latest version. I just need a few volunteers to do the 5M download of the java runtime environment from Sun (free) and then try to run the Clash demo with it. For now the download is only available for Win 95/98 and solaris workstations, so only apply if you have either of those systems available.

Please only apply if you are willing to exchange emails on what went right or wrong, and are willing to try a few tweaks if it doesn't work out of the box. Soon we'll have a demo available with Real alpha content, but for now its mostly my old version with a few new military things thrown in.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Mark
    [This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited October 10, 1999).]
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Alternatively, if a java guru type would like to look at my demo version and the JRE and see what I might be doing wrong, that'd be even better. It should be simple to get it to work for someone (unlike me) who really knows what they're doing with java.

Any Takers?

Mark
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Umm, where is the Clash demo, actually?

BTW, a beta version of Java 2 for Linux is available for download.

Martin

Comment

I am just emailing the demo to people right now... If you want it let me know. Those who are java coding types will probably want the source, whereas the demo version is just the class files.

For now I'm sending out a slightly out-of-date set of the code since I am screwing aroung with the class structure now and so the 'freshest' version may not be very robust. When I'm done with the surgery (and have added in the diplomacy code that Jacobo has done) I'll post to let everyone know the new version is available.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
          X