New Web Master for Clash Project Desperately Needed, Apply Within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Web Master for Clash Project Desperately Needed, Apply Within

Well, our current web site is functional, but extremely artistically challenged . If you're interested in helping out the Clash project, and your talents go in the direction of web design, please let me know. Just post a link to an example of your work here so the group can evaluate it.

The test version Dominique got going before disappearing is at: http://www.qed.de/work/clash/ . It's much better artistically than anything I could do, but we appear to have lost Dominique. Since Dominique hasn't responded for far over a month, we need to move on and find a new web master.

For now the Main Clash Web Site looks like this. I'm sure you can do better! The new site should get a fair amount of exposure, since it will be up on Apolyton.

-Mark
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Calling all aspiring web masters...(or mistresses)
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Note:

Jimmy made a post before this one, but something in it was causing problems with the HTML. It made the page do bizarre things, making it hard to read, so I have deleted that post. The link that was in it is still in Jimmy's post below.

The MGT

[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited September 11, 1999).]

Comment

Hi Jimmy:

Something was screwed up with the HTML when you posted, so I tried editing your message... But it didn't work.
        I don't know if this will help straighten it out. Everything you did looks legit. Did you put a body tag in your message or somthing?

I have a suggestion. Try to edit the post and copy the whole text, then Delete the post, and then try posting it as a new item in the thread.

Anyway, on to the meat of the subject. I'm glad you're interested. I was able to see your link by editing your post to see the initial post. How would you change the organization of the site, and layout, if you were doing it?

Also, we planned to include a bunch of things when going to Apolyton with the site, including a guestbook, downloads, and other features. Are you familiar with this sort of thing? You might want to search the Clash forum for "web" to see the discussion that has gone before while you think about changes you would make.

Comment

Just go to www.fortunecity.com/underworld/multisports/198
          [This message has been edited by Jimmy Liu (edited August 28, 1999).]

Comment

Jimmy:

Yes, as I said, I already saw what you put up. It shows that you can throw some simple HTML widgets together with an existing page. I realize that you just threw it together relatively quickly as a one-off demo, and appreciate your effort. What I'm looking for is someone who can design an Attractive (read, much better than what I can do) web page with good user-friendly layout etc. Frankly the mods you made result in a more functional page, but even uglier than what I'd had before. Something as professional as what Dominique was approaching in the link at the top is what I think the project needs. Not necessarily That, but something of that general appeal. What are your thoughts in that direction?

-Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited August 29, 1999).]

Comment

Yeah, guess your right.
              It was too good to be true anyway.

Comment

Hey, don't give up so easily. Maybe we could find an artistic type to team you up with...
                Unfortunately, I think when the artistic people see my web page they run away

Comment

That sounds great.
                  Anyone out there?

Comment

Hey, is there an artist-graphics type person out there willing to work on the new web page with Jimmy?

Comment

Graphical Artists in general are also in Serious need!

Comment

Come on you graphical types out there... We're not Nearly as Evil as we seem

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                          X