X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of 2-4 player games you are involved in:
    [list=1][*] AU 601 (with Dominae), Playing as Greece

[*] Swift PBEM, and
    [*] Flawed PBEM Both of these are with sabrewolf, ChrisiusMaximus, and Andydog. Flawed was set up incorrectly, but we all decided to carry on playing. These two might have died. We're in the process off deciding wetther to continue them

[*] C3C tournament, game 1. i'm playing against jshelr, and will probably finish it when he has cut straight through my (now demoralised) rump of an army... About to die, after taking out Rommel2D, and helping kill ADG

[*] Game Full (taken over from jshelr) I am only just getting in to this game.

[*] Iron Civer Replacement, with jshelr, Snoopy, and Arnelos

Number of 5-8 player games you are involved in:

[*] Tarzan, with Sir Ralph, jshelr, alexman, Gamecube64, and Rommel2D. It will start to be fun when I finally meet someone...

[*] Trial by Trait, with MWIA, Kloreep, 1889, Aqualung and Longshot, whom I am paired with.

[*] The Road To Eden, with ChrisiusMaximus, Andydog, Khannalxytys, and MoonBars.

Number of PBEM games played to completion
    [*] 2-a-day, Alexman, jshelr, and Conqueror. Winner: Alexman (Conqueror killed, jshelr and myself were about to die)
    [*] Silent 2-a-day, alexman, jshelr.[/list=1] I won this, due to the EXP trait, and the other two tried to kill each other with 2 cities.

List your top 3 favourite PBEM games:
    • 2-a-day
    • Silent 2-a-day
    • C3C tournament, game 1
    Reason: all of them were/are woth very fast players, who send me the turns during the afternoon (for me), so that I can play them.
    Last edited by Krill; August 25, 2004, 16:45.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: OFFICIAL 2004 CENSUS - Apolyton PBEM Forum

None, I think.

Goldenless Wonders
      European C3C
      Serendipity
      Additional Selection
      Artificial Selection

Number of PBEM games played to completion:

None

Being in five games at Poly with only three of those beyond the first few turns I think they choose themselves.

Other info

I am in about 10 other games, they are at CGN though.

Edited - forgot 2 games.
      Last edited by Dauphin; August 25, 2004, 16:50.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

That gives an average of 11.00 games per person.
        That's all very well and good, but what about the standard deviation? In fact a histograph of number of people vs number of games would be instructive, as I think there are bound to be one or two with enormous numbers of games (eg Paddy) and the rest of us with average of below 11 games. I could even do this myself if Beta does all the hard work and sends me the results sometime.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

it is not that many..... is it
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'm more interested in the median than the mean. The mean is likely to be quite skewed because of the presence of figures like Beta and Paddy.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
              I'm more interested in the median than the mean. The mean is likely to be quite skewed because of the presence of figures like Beta and Paddy.
              That's exactly why I want a std deviation.
              Consul.

Comment

Yup - I was thinking we needed to more serious stats on this. I am still hunting down the uncensussed (), and then I can fire the data off to you MWIA. It is in an excell spread sheet.

And I want a chi squared analysis as well!

I can't recall from my economics stats course what chi squared is all about - but it had the coolest name.
                Last edited by Beta; August 25, 2004, 18:25.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Re: Re: OFFICIAL 2004 CENSUS - Apolyton PBEM Forum

Originally posted by Dauphin

None, I think.

Goldenless Wonders
                  European C3C
                  Serendipity

Number of PBEM games played to completion:

None

Being in only three at Poly they choose themselves.

Other info

I am in about 10 other games, they are at CGN though.
                  What about Artificial Selection 1 and 2?
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Arnelos
                    Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

That's exactly why I want a std deviation.
                    well we can all just standardize it....

but then they are not true stats as per the games played are they
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                      Yup - I was thinking we needed to more serious stats on this. I am still hunting down the uncensussed (), and then I can fire the data off to you MWIA. It is in an excell spread sheet.

And I want a chi squared analysis as well!

I can't recall from my economics stats course what chi squared is all about - but it hade the coolest name.
                      ahhh that was never mentioned in Mrs McMillans 4th grade maths class...

sure looking forward too seeing the results of the CHI
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

I thought chi was something you drank
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

2-4 Players
                          - Double or Nothing

More than 4 Players
                          - Misfits (I'm suppose to be subbing for Tibi)
                          - Team Game (I think there are a couple called this)
                          - Who's Crusade

Completed Game
                          Double or Nothing

Favorite
                          1. Double or Nothing
                          In Hot Enamel write-up, he failed to mention that I also came close to winning the game. When he had no Aluminum, I was in position to win. Somehow, Hot Enamel managed to squeeze some combat settlers through my layered defense. I thought I was safe, but I did not plan for that type of attack. He gutted my empire, and it was too late in the game to recover. None the less, it was my favorite because of it was completed, for the most part it never stagnated, and it was epic (a little of everything).

2. Team Game - Edit: I said that this was stagnating. I was thinking about another game (which is not on the list, and I can't remember the name . This game has gotten very exciting, and is going great.

3. Misfits
                          This is a tough one. I thought I was in it for a 2- 3 months, so I tried to stick to Tibi few requests. I played this game as temp. and it showed. Now I've taken more interest, trying to survive, but Beta is not making it easy.
                          Last edited by lmtoops; August 25, 2004, 00:18.

Comment

Chi squared analysis? Well I can try to fit the data to a variety of distributions eg Gaussian, Poisson... The Chi squared value tells you roughly how good the fit is.

Would that be good enough? I use a graphing program called Origin (all good physicists use it! ) that must have hundreds of possible distributions - I'd test a few of them at least.
                            Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                              Chi squared analysis? Well I can try to fit the data to a variety of distributions eg Gaussian, Poisson... The Chi squared value tells you roughly how good the fit is.

Would that be good enough? I use a graphing program called Origin (all good physicists use it! ) that must have hundreds of possible distributions - I'd test a few of them at least.
                              I'm a Kolmogorov-Smirnov man, myself. Chi Square is too picky and can be manipulated.

Comment

a bar chart may even be enough for the number of games.

what seems more interesting to me is the average speed of turns, the average progress (what year), the distribution of 2, 3, 4, ..., 8-player games, the "death"-rate and when the games tend to die, who's responsible for the most deaths/lags, etc. (and of course the mental and physical health of paddy, eg. when does he sleep/eat between his 853 games )

maybe the next census will ask to more detail
                                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                                X