X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP discussion

SP discussion

Ok guys focus.

The Morgans have got Wealth (Ind Auto): good on them. It will now be a race for an SP or two..

WP and HGP cost 200 mins. In the parallel game to this (the While we are waiting game), Morgan snagged HGP as a prelude to the PTS. The DA(us) snagged the WP. However in this game I think we are not far behind tech wise, so we have a wider option.

Now the interesting thing in the previous ACDG was that the Hive, prior to the discovery of Ind Auto was building formers like crazy. So when they discovered Ind Auto they didn't have to wait for Ind Auto/ crawlers to cash in, they cashed in their formers (ie disband). Not sure how much for, though, whether full price or 50%.

That's why I have been advocating building formers close to KP. Also the AA when cashed in against an early SP amounts to a very tidy sum indeed, depending on SE setting, I suppose.

So the question is: do we go for an SP now and if so which one.
    One that we want or one we would quite like but that also spoils the other factions. Oh yeah can we actually acquire it?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

I'm all for the AA being used to hurry an SP. Sofar our options are WP, PTS and VW of course. All three have their merit.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I tend to lean towards PTS atm, the sudden rise in population won't do us bad in quicker crawler/former cranking, and perhaps keeping our HQ as the cp producer.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

i'm thinking PTS too, followed by VW - will do wonders to snatch the extra happiness away fropm other factions (and i know we need more NN's for that, but we need 'em anyway so :P )
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
        PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Re: SP discussion

Originally posted by Hercules
          Now the interesting thing in the previous ACDG was that the Hive, prior to the discovery of Ind Auto was building formers like crazy. So when they discovered Ind Auto they didn't have to wait for Ind Auto/ crawlers to cash in, they cashed in their formers (ie disband). Not sure how much for, though, whether full price or 50%.
          I don't think the Hive cashed in any formers.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

My mistake then

Comment

But it if we do it looks like half price.

Comment

It does sets us back in terraforming. Isn't it better to hurry crawlers instead? Those have a better cash-in ratio.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

As far as I remember from reading rules hurrying crawlers is allowed. I think this is the best way of speeding things. It is also good in longer run - better use of available resources. Usually I hurry units only when they are almost only 2EC/mineral, e.g. 5 left - 11EC to hurry or 6 left - 13EC to hurry. Then I hurry to the last mineral, cause in the next turn there is whole turn mineral production in the first row - the most expensive to purchase. If to buy minerals for EC, let's pay the lowest price. Last 5 (or so) minerals are the cheapest, so let's buy them all - it's like that.

I checked F5 screen in 2129 - noone started any SP yet. Maybe let us delay doing it also so we do not create psychosis among other factions - Angels have already started SP - Hurry! we have to be faster. we might be just build supply crawlers.

Maybe instabuilding when having several supply crawlers narby a base?
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Yah, best is to let others in the dark untill we're sure we have enough crawlers to complete the project in one turn... But the others are that smart as well of course. In any way it is the only logical way of doing this unless we follow Herc's proposal to include formers as well to hurry the production.

Next turn research is finished, Wealth is chosen thus our production will speed up.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

WP has quite a few benefits... especially doubling or tripling up on borehole production and condensors.

But I kind of play oddly with my crawlers, so going PTW is probably the best route, followed by VW and WP being if something else gets finished first (PTW).
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

What's PTW?
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I think he means PTS...
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                            I think he means PTS...
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                            X