Dungeon Seige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Seige

Would you recommend this game to me? I enjoy RPGs and that sort of thing.

My only concern is that in all reviews I've read, they all mentioned how buggy this game is. Like how difficult it is to get certain treasure items even after you've opened a chest or how some characters would get stuck in a dungeon and so on.
    Who is Barinthus?

I haven't played it, but from what I've heard it's pretty stable now. Basically, it's recomended if you like combat games.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If you like Diablo, this is really good. If you get Legends Of Aranna, you get the original game along with it. I have trouble with a lot of games, but this one is stable on my system
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

It's alright for a once through.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Its Dungeon Siege, btw

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Nazi Spammer
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Crap game.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                Its Dungeon Siege, btw

-Jam
                Noone should ever be corrected.
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Why not? Education is good.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I can't decide if its funny or not, but anyway....

I think you'll find the correct usage is,
                    "No one should ever be corrected."

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have much to comment on that game, but am a bit lazy to write it all now. It's a good game overall, but you may end up being bored before you complete it. The biggest problem is that character development happens automatically, battles take place automatically and that it's not RPG in the true meaning of the word. There is a story, but it's a very shallow one (many shooters have more of a story), and the game is completely linear. You don't make decisions that affect the story, you only have one path along which to go.

But it can be entertaining. Much to say on it, really, not that simple.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I actually got this game as a christmas present (the expansion actually). I had asked for it too. But after playing for about 20 minutes, I realized I didn't like it.

So I managed to convince the clerk at Walmart that my computer wasn't fast enough to run this game and exchanged it for KOTOR . they normallly only let you exchange the game for the same exact game. Of course KOTOR had higher system requirements, but I knew a woman wouldn't know what computer requirements were

things I didn't like: the minimap bothered me. I didn't find it all that useful for helping me get around. It was really only a slightly larger version of the game screen. Endless monsters. While it was fun in Diablo 2 (for some reason I can't explain), it didn't do it for me here. Perhaps the game would have been more fun once I had recruited my party. I had never made it to the first town, I was still doing the game with a solo character. I don't know why, but simple things like unlimited arrows bothered me. It's not like RPG's are remotely realistic (Diablo2 you had stacks of like 200- so they are almost unlimited), But it was simplifications like these that turned me off to this game. The spell system didn't seem that interesting either.
                        Last edited by Dis; August 14, 2004, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy

Haha I don't mind. But yeah for some people, they can be sensitive about it. Thanks, Jamski.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            I have much to comment on that game, but am a bit lazy to write it all now. It's a good game overall, but you may end up being bored before you complete it. The biggest problem is that character development happens automatically, battles take place automatically and that it's not RPG in the true meaning of the word. There is a story, but it's a very shallow one (many shooters have more of a story), and the game is completely linear. You don't make decisions that affect the story, you only have one path along which to go.

But it can be entertaining. Much to say on it, really, not that simple.
                            Ew. It depends on the game itself I guess. For instance, in Star Wars Rebellion, I don't mind since battles are small part of the whole picture and it helps to save time.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

It's fun to play once but not a second time. Character development goes along the lines of what you actually use: i.e. if you're using a sword a lot you get stronger with hand-to-hand combat.

But it is linear, and there's no alternate paths to take. Which is why I wouldn't recommend buying it.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X