Office of REX'ing (Terraforming/Colonization) :unban:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office of REX'ing (Terraforming/Colonization) :unban:

What? You don't think they downloaded Civ 9 before they left?

Anyway this is an area for terraforming/colony planning stuff so it doesn't clutter the MY 2XXX threads. To get us started, here's my current list of former priorities - take a look and see if you have any suggestions! I'm trying to get our min production up so we can get ready to race for VW and hopefully the PEG

SH former:
    road/farm/sol @ 24,70
    road @ 25, 71
    road/forest @ 23, 69
    forest @ 22, 68
    road/farm/solar @ 25,69
    road/forest @ 20, 68

EM former:
    farm/solar @ 19,65
    road/mine @ 19, 67
    road/forest @ 20,64
    road/farm/solar @ 21,63
    road/forest @ 20, 68

KC former:
    road @ 19,63
    road/farm/solar @ 19,61
    road/forest @ 21,59
    road @ 21,57
    road/mine @ 22,58
    road/forest @ 23,59
    road/forest @ 22,60

KP former:
    road @ 19,63
    road @ 15,65
    road/mine @ 16,66
    road/farm/solar @ 18,66
    road/forest @ 17, 67
    road/forest @ 18, 68

edit : bumped the mines up for possible SP's
    Last edited by Makahlua; July 30, 2004, 19:27.
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

And here's a start of some more base locations - feel free to add on and/or comment. Except for A being the next good spot, the rest are in no particular order.
    Attached Files
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Just between the northernmost probe and the pod (I think where the AA also is) would be another good defensive position against the Hive since it would totally block the land bridge. Especially as a good way to get ships out of that possible lake when they're built at D.

Another good possibility would be at the mouth of the river at the southern most portion of our territory so we can get ships out in all directions if need be, or at least have a position for foils to heal on each of our coasts.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Edited

Mmm, some remarks.
        - Isn't it better to wait with planting farms until Gene Splicing comes around?
        - 21.63: why farm+solar? A forest there gives 3/3/1, a farm+solar 4/1/1. Unless you're thinking of a future condensor here off course.
        - This turn, the KP former will be on 19.65 finishing the road there, and the EM former on 19.63 (rocky monolith tile). This is to avoid for sure that the KP former drops back while trying to enter 19.65 (no former turn loss then).

Also, things go faster when the formers work in groups of two (at least, that's my experience). In that light, why not teaming them up? For the rest, good proposals for the the terraforming.
        Last edited by GeoModder; July 31, 2004, 15:31.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I thought about northern region. Will we push the Hive border as much north as we can to grab the terrain there? In such case where the bases might be? below is a proposal, i think with this setup we should capture all the goodies there
          Attached Files
          Mart
          Map creation contest
          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

It's still possible we have to advance north in two directions to grab land from the Hive. We'll know for sure in a turn or two.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You mean possible second land bridge? If it is there we may reach Hive territory, or maybe better some other faction.
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

If there is a second land bridge, it is for sure goin' to the Hive again. IMO all the teams are situated like spikes around the Hive. Each it's own extending broad peninsula with sea on three sides and the land going to the Hive.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Where univ and peacekeepers might be? some other continent? or archpelago?
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                  X