Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any positive Muslim role models out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any positive Muslim role models out there?

I noticed that we have been really negative about Muslims and Islam lately and with ample reason in some cases. However, I don't want that to overshadow the good that is out there so I invite everyone to list some of the positive Muslim role models in the world.

The one name that immediately comes to my mind is "The Greatest", Muhammed Ali.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Abdul Aziz, first king of Saudi Arabia?

Started off as a bedu and ended up No.1 of the heartland of Islam. Quite a lad.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Saladin, contemporary of Richard the Lionheart?

Brits named an APC after him, often blown up by PIRA in Northern Ireland.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Ahmed Shah Massoud, leader of the Northern Alliance, assassinated by OBL on 9/11?

EDIT: I'd better give y'all a chance to post...

Comment

Abu Hamza. Hook for a hand and scared of crocodiles that have a ticking noise
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
            Abdul Aziz, first king of Saudi Arabia?

Started off as a bedu and ended up No.1 of the heartland of Islam. Quite a lad.
            I was a little fond of King Faisal. He was popular in the West as a lad too.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Was Muhammed the prophet a Muslim? Or is it like a "Jesus wasn't a Christian but a Jew" kind of thing.

Comment

I could be wrong about this... but I just want to

Comment

Cat Stevens.

Comment

Ah yes, he changed his name to Yusuf Islam.

Comment

Omar Al-Khayyam, mathematician and poet
                      Ibn Rushd (aka Averroes), theologian, philosopher, physician, astronomer
                      Ibn Battuta, explorer who traveled from Morocco to China and back (in the 14th century!)
                      Ibn Hayyan (Geber), 9th century chemist
                      Al-Khwarizmi (Algorizm), creator of the algorithm
                      Ibn Sina (Avicenna), physician, philosopher, scientist

just to name a few
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Dare I say it?

Muhammad and his nephew Ali. Although Albert Speer will disagree with me about Ali.
                        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Baron von Funk
                          Was Muhammed the prophet a Muslim? Or is it like a "Jesus wasn't a Christian but a Jew" kind of thing.
                          Muhammad was a Muslim. As were Abraham and Issac.

Islam places itself as the first and only religion, brought to earth by God and set forth by Abraham (Ibrahim) Moses and Jesus's versions are perversions of the true word.
                          Muhammad appeared, as the seal of the prophets to return the world to the original (and true) religion, Islam.
                          Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

In the late 7th century, the Umayyads were far more practical men than the bloated and crazed Ali...
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

As were Abraham and Issac
                              Ishmael you mean

Comment

Working...
                              X