Road to Transcendence - ACDGIII History Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to Transcendence - ACDGIII History Thread

Seven factions, all alike in dignity on fair Chiron where we lay our scene. From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil hand unclean. From forth the ideologies of the crew, the path to bloodshed will be conceived.
    Last edited by Snowflake; July 29, 2004, 10:42.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

2101 Gaian

I am but a mere stepchild of Gaia,
    The true Mother of us all.
    Hereby, I swear my full and eternal.
    Allegiance to her, the Mother Spirit.
    Even so far away, Gaia is still in us,
    As an inseperable part of our spirit.
    I shall embrace it, and ensure that
    Tragedy of Earth repeats never again.

The landing pod crashed landed. Lord Obstructor quickly sent his men to explore the surroundings. The reports back were grim. They saw NOTHING. Not a trace of life except the land on southwest seemed to have been getting some rains. And somebody even spotted a small patch of crimson colored strange plants. Obstructor decided that it was what was shown to be the “fungus” from the unity survey.

Nobody had felt the urgency that Lord Obstructor felt to an emergency meeting to discuss the next steps. Being the Gaians people simply scattered around admiring the new found beauty of the planet. Yes the territory was plain but they were still looking at a sky that had never been seen before. After 48 hours Obstructor was able to round up a few key people and the scout was instructed to investigate the fungus area. The discussion was heated and enthusiastic, with some lords expressing extreme confidence looking into the future forecasting beautiful forest and productive pig farms, and other lords conveys their great concerns regarding the imminent problems of rationing water supply to every camp. When the meeting was over everybody felt satisfied knowing that they had greatly contribute to the future of the Gaians.

Lord Chaos Theroy, who was temporarily assigned the commanding role, carefully reviewed through his hundred pages of meeting notes. He then went out and put up a sign on the door of his camp: “Gaia’s Landing”. He smiled. And he quickly dribbled a few words in a notepad, before he tore it off and gave it to Julius, the leader of the second colony pod.

Julius looked at his command. It said, “To the west.”
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2101 Angels

I weave a huge web
      Breathing silks deep from my heart
      You have nowhere to hide

Datajack 042 opened his touchpanel and started the decryption sequence. The dataclouds dispersed in a short second, and a message appeared in his touch screen. “Who would be our first Sinder?” He grinned, and entered a command. Agent 003, his second, stood quietly behind him. She didn’t know what he did to ensure his win in the first Data Angel election, but she could feel his confidence.

In the mean time, datajack 009 opened his touchpanel and started the decryption sequence. He surfed around the clouds for a little while, before he logged off. “Why are you logging off?” A surprised inquiry was heard from his back. "Because ..." 009 started to talk when he turned around, and looked into a pair of concerned eyes. His voice trailed off, leaving the sounds of water splashing from the river outside of his camp. There was much in her eyes, like the dataclouds twirling and flowing. He was thankful that he never needed to decipher before he could read her concerns and understandings. He sighed to himself, and gave her a thin smile. It turned into a wicked one before he turned back and logged on again.

Zerek traveled along the riverbank carefully. The unexplored planet seemed to be calm and peaceful. However his sixth sense that was sharpened in years of probe team training was continually nagging him. Something that he didn’t understand … The uneasiness grew stronger and stronger, until … There! On the edge of the river stood a strange looking structure. Zerek felt a strong urge to touch it despite all of his trainings. He bit on his lower lip, and put his hands on it. An exotic feeling shot through his entire body. Views of different things flashed through his mind … He seemed to see a Ogre … Ogre … What a strange name … Zerek withdrew his hands and shook his head. He felt invigorated. Never had he felt so good ever since the graduation day of his training school. Zerek opened his quicklink and started to report enthusiastically.

Back in the headquarter First Sinder 042 was looking at the reports from different agents:

Enigma Machine and Kahlua Probing established on river
      Two alien monoliths discovered demonstrating morale lifting effect and extreme production abilities
      Additional unity pod sighted
      60% resources denoted to research, which would lead to next tech break through in 5 years

009 smiled pleasingly and laid back in his chair.
      Last edited by Snowflake; July 28, 2004, 16:30.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2101 Morgans

And when at last it is time for the transition from megacorporation to planetary government, from entrepreneur to emperor, it is then that the true genius of our strategy shall become apparent, for energy is the lifeblood of this society and when the chips are down he who controls the energy supply controls Planet. In former times the energy monopoly was called "The Power Company"; we intend to give this name an entirely new meaning.

The meeting room was spacious and grand. Nothing compare to the luxury that CMO Impaler was used to back on the earth. But it was decent enough for a new settlement that was only about ten days old. In the center of the floor rested a long square conference table, with half circle panels attached in both ends. The newly elected board members sat comfortably at their leather sofa. In front of each of them set a cup of hot coffee. To their back along the walls were shelves that filled with massive volumes of books and reports: “Datalinks: Running Free Market”, “Datalinks: Clean Reactors”, “Archive: SE choices”, “Archive: Pop-booming and b-drones”, “Datalinks: Using Supply Crawlers” …

It is really hard to imagine how much Morgan spent in order to bring all these luxuries onboard the Unity, thought Impaler, smelling the sweet fragrance of the fresh brewed coffee. CEO Chaunk turned on the projector and started his report to the board.

“We appear to be in the shadow of Mount Drogue, which is nice. We have a fungal tower sitting on a pod directly east of the pod to our south. The land we have looks VERY nice.” He couldn’t help withholding his smile. “The river that runs through the valley could turns out to be very profitable therefore we are moving everybody toward the river.”

Information Officer Micha stood up after Chaunk and displayed a large picture of a strange looking alien object. “The fungal tower is classified by our Biologists as a native lifeform. It is determined that it may pose a threat to any human settlements. The scout is requesting directions from the board whether they should attack it or leave it there.”

The meeting room was instantly filled with sounds of unbelieving exclaims and soft murmurs.
        Last edited by Snowflake; July 28, 2004, 12:01.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2101 Spartans

This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

“Strange alien object found, sir!” Inside the headquarters of the Sparta Command, leader of the rover team Captain Zeiter reported to Lt. Colonel Maniac.

“What do we Spartans do when we find some strange enemy units?” Maniac asked, his eyes looking straight at Zeiter.

“Attack! Sir!”

Pleased with the answer, Maniac put his cigar back into his mouth. “Very well. You have your orders, Captain.” A wink appeared inside his eyes.

The initial days had been rather harsh following their crash landing in the new planet. They didn’t have much supply with them except the one unity rover, which he immediately dispatched out to explore their surroundings and to find more resources. But Maniac loved the excitement that an unfamiliar situation would bring to him. He glanced at the crimson colored fungus field just east of the headquarter. He would love to go into it and see what it was made of. Perhaps another day …

Rounds of bullets were splattered toward the strange looking black pod. It sat still without any indication of being damaged. It looks awfully like a unity pod, I would swear. Captain Zeiter thought to himself. I wish we were not trying to destroy something that were sent to ensure our very surviving. Zeiter shuddered at the thought of possible punishment that he could get if he made a stupid mistake. “Hold your fires!” He shouted.

Captain Zeiter stepped out of the rover and approached cautiously toward the object. “Boom!” A huge explosion was heard when his hand was about to touch it. Clouds of smokes enveloped everything. The soldiers looked at each other in shock, deciding whether they should try rescue the captain. Wild exclaims of Zeiter were heard from the thick clouds. There was something strange about his screams that prevented everybody else from rushing into the smokes in haste.

Five minutes later the smoke was diffused. Appeared in front of them was a strange gold brownish structure that was pointing toward the sky, and an ecstatic Zeiter who was dancing and singing in front of it. The soldiers shouted happily when they run to join their Captain.

Two hours later Lt. Colonel Maniac received a report through his quicklink. “Strange alien object turned out to be friendly. Construction materials unknown. Surroundings extremely rich of all resources. We are saved! Victory for the Spartans! We are moving out!” Maniac was baffled. This kind of high morality was rather unusual, even for a Spartan. He better send some people over to investigate that alien object. Perhaps he should even disperse more resources toward scientific researches. Understanding the planet was important, even for the Spartans. 60% should be quite sufficient …
          Last edited by Snowflake; July 28, 2004, 17:20.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2102 Gaians

Lord smacksim rushed into the Gaians headquater flustered and exasperated, “Who had sent the colony pod into the fungus?”

“The CP went in the fungus?” Lord Obstructor raised his head from his desk, surprised.

They both looked at Lord Chaos Theroy who was still studying the meeting notes. Yes giving the amount of communications in the meeting it would really require quite some energy for anybody who wanted to make any sense of it. “I did. Was there something wrong?”

“Something wrong? Well I’d say yes. Didn’t you know that the fungus area could be where those dangerous mindworms live? Out of all the directions that the colony pod could go, it went into the little fungus patch where we know nothing about.”

“There's not much to worry about from random native life at this point, because our scout is with the colony pod and will be able to counter a worm attack easily. And on the off chance that the worm wins, the colony pod should still be able to fend off what's left.” Chaos Theory replied.

“Ah well, NW or W for the CP is very different than North. Now we are kinda stuck IMO. But you all seem to think that's the right thing to do, so go for it.” Lord smacksim turned around and left with his grumbling words trailing off.

“I would have tried to move SP north and then CP either N or NW.” Obstructor followed smacksim out of the camp, leaving Lord Chaos Theroy alone mumbling, “Why haven’t anybody said anything when I asked for confirmation of the plan in the meeting.”

“Where is our science/research officer?” Lord Net Worrior entered the camp facing a grumpy Chaos Theroy. “We should have allocated more people to focus on research. That would reduce the time of our next break through from 14 to 7 years.”

Chaos Theory replied coldly, “Then you should have brought up this issue at the meeting. It's not something I usually think of.” Looking at the taken aback Net Worrior, Chaos theory sighed, and added, “I will send the orders out this time.”

Lord Chaos Theory stepped outside of the headquarter with a heavy heart. He really wished that the election of government officials could end soon so that he could get some concrete help. Knowing the Gaians, however, he did not hold much hope.

A girl in green robe approached Lord Chaos Theroy with a piece of paper. Rather nice looking with her innocent and admiring eyes … thought Chaos Theory while he read the flyer:

After a continuous state of disarray and disorganisation following the Planetfall, including mostly failed elections of 2102, Lady Deirdre has decided to intervene, and manually setuped the government, suspending failing results of elections.
            New government is called Senior Council of Lords, and is compromised from:
            Lord of Development (appointed Chaos Theory)
            Lord of Security (appointed Obstructor)
            Lord of Progress (appointed Net Warrior)
            Chairman of the Council of Lords (appointed Chaos Theory)
            Deputy Chairman of the Council of Lords (appointed smacksim)
            Lord Administrator (appointed Obstructor)*

This positions shall last for four turns, until next elections in four years, MY 2106.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2102 Angels

The video image decayed into a stream of static on her touch screen. Datajack 003 entered the command to re-apply the encryption. A new image appeared out of the dataclouds. The river disappearing into a raised ridge with some green rainy squares and red fungus squares … Pholus Ridge, 003 typed in a name for the landmark. On her back, Sinder 042 stood behind the chair, looking rather fondly at her. … Looks like she’d be able to handle all of these without me … “Tell Zerek don’t touch that unity pod. He had been going too fast. He’ll have no strength left to run if he encounters a mindworm.”

"It's a monolith all right... no better name for it, really..." Datajack 005 was outside in an envirosuit talking to himself. Not caring for the politics going on inside Enigma Machine only because he volunteered to come to this world to get away from politics. "Solid... stone? Ancient technology?" He sighed. It'd been too long since he'd even walked on solid ground that didn't protect him from vacuum by only a few centimeters at worst sometimes. 005 watched for a minute at the workers happily working around the monolith. It was certainly raising morale ... and could conduct quick repairs? Strange.

005 looked over the vast unexplored territory, taking a few more pictures of the strange obelisk-like monolith before traversing the short distance back to Enigma Machine and his temporary quarters. He really wished they’d start building some colony pods soon after they finish the new probe team training programs in the two existing bases. He was looking forward to have a larger room in a new base, being one of the 'founding programmers' under the Sinder. Hopefully more of these great monoliths could be found and harnessed. In such a hostile looking planet, it was nice to know at least one thing was working for them.
              Last edited by Snowflake; July 30, 2004, 13:18.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2102 Morgans

“Ehem!” CEO Chaunk cleared his throat, indicating the start of another board meeting in the newly founded Morgan Industries Base. “The first item in today’s meeting agenda is to discuss whether we should try eliminating the fungal tower. I propose we decide this issue by vote.”

“I disagree,” CMO Impaler interrupted with his deep, magnetic voice. Pleased with the attentions he attracted, Impaler continued, “I don’t see Morgan Industries as a pure Democracy. We’re a capitalistic faction. Those who contribute and make all the gears turn should be the ones who hold the most authority. Back on earth I have personally been very annoyed by people who never spend time to look over the volumes of field reports, and only strolled around all day with their nice suit or flirted with the secretaries. They knew nothing nor cared nothing about how the business was running. However, they would never miss a board meeting where they could raise their hands when less-optimal decisions were made regarding important issues. I don’t want to see the same thing happen here. It should be a meritocracy: the people doing the work get a proportionally greater say in what’s going to be done than the people who are simply watching.”

“Hmmm,” Chaunk continued thoughtfully. “I think it's vital to our survival in this new planet that the management of our faction doesn't turn into a solo effort. Nor should it be decided by a ‘shadow committee’. I truly believe that everyone's opinions should be heard, taken on board and used in decision-making. However, Impaler is absolutely right in some things. If someone has not really studied about an issue and has no experience in a similar situation, then any input he makes is limited at best. It won't be as good an input as the CEO of 35 years by a long shot. Yet in a simple poll he would have the same weight to influence the decision.” He stopped briefly, before he continued with a raised voice. “Therefore I propose a policy of ‘no polls’. Every board member will have a chance to speak his or her opinions, but the final decisions may be made differently from the result of the majority.”

“I disagree with this no-poll idea!” The young and energized COO Jtsisyoda stood up from his chair angrily. “This board does not exist to please a select few. It's for everyone to participate, learn, have fun, and hopefully do well in this brand new environment. Just as with growing up and maturing into an adult, this will include making some mistakes and facing the consequences. If we alienate non-crucial officers, we lose that critical resource, and miss out not only on new ideas, but many opportunities, and most of all a chance to share the joy of playing together and leading the faction to domination.” He glared toward Impaler with hot and determined sights, “If enough people make a choice you wouldn't, you won't get your way.”

The meeting room was starting to turn into a big commotion with everybody talking and debating at once. “Quiet! Quiet!” Chaunk again raised his voice. He turned to the most prestigious board member of the team, Arnelos. “Would you like to say something, Mr. Arnelos?”

Oh no, not Arnelos! Jtsisyoda secretly cursed. Arnelos took a sip from his coffee cup, and slowly started. “Back on earth, we started the Morgan industry many years ago. We found out a lot of things, almost all of them the hard way …” Jtsisyoda started to feel his eyelids became heavier and heavier accompanying Arnelos’ slow and smooth long speech. Until …he was startled by a wave of applause around the room.

“Well said, Arnelos! This is wisdom that should be preserved.” SOO AndiD spoke enthusiastically. “So what have we decided?” Jtsisyoda whispered to CTO #endgame, who was sitting beside him. #endgame shook his head slowly in confusion.

A secretary went in and handed Chaunk a note. It said “Alpha brigade repeats request of confirmation to attack the fungal tower. It is determined that the risk will increase drastically if swift action is not taken.” Looking at the disordered meeting room, Chaunk sighed to himself, and nodded to the secretary.

Three hours later CEO Chaunk announced to the board of the Morgan Industry, “Our Scout Alpha brigade has successfully attacked the fungal tower, however only 800 out of 2000 soldiers survived the assault. These brave troopers will now be considered the 'hard core' of the Morganite army. The other group of colonists that went down the river has found a Unity pod, where materials to build a hydroelectric power plant is stored! The colonists went further down the river and finally reach a promising base site. They have now settled down there, thus founding the base ‘Morgan Metallurgy’.”

The meeting room was again filled with sounds of unbelieving exclaims and heated arguments.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2102 Spartans

Lt. Colonel Maniac read again his report to Santiago. He knew that she would not read it any time soon. However he felt that he was looking forward to one day when he would hand it to her and be rewarded by her approving smiles that were so rarely seen by any Spartans.

Upon landing on Planet with two colony pods and a rover, the Spartan high command was already faced with the decision of where to found the first two bases, and where to explore with the rover. As the landing was situated on top of a large mountain range, it was generally agreed that the rover should head west, where it would encounter rainy terrain suitable for future bases. Two proposals were put forward for founding the first two bases: moving both apart in 2101 and planting both in 2102, or planting Sparta Command on the first turn, then moving the other CP away and founding the second base in 2103.

Mostly everyone in the Spartan faction agreed on a general policy of close, 2-3 tile base spacing, which would not be in a rigid pattern, but which would be tweaked as needed. It was hoped that such close base spacing would translate into earlier and greater production, which, it was hoped, would help to offset the inherent Spartan industry penalty.

Finally, the decision was made to plant a base in 2101. There was a pod directly to the north, and planting the base, then popping the pod, would yield good results, which could be harvested immediately. It turned out to yield a monolith, much to the delight of everyone.

A river was discovered to the north of the monolith. The R-112 CRV rover team was ordered to explore further down the river, and discovered mineral rich Garland Crater at the southwest end of the river. The second CP was moved toward the river.

It was widely agreed that the first research assignment would be Centauri Ecology. It was thought that formers would be one of the first things to be built, although soon it was apparent that formers would not be immediately needed, as the surrounding terrain was already very productive, and needed little improvement.

Maniac put down the report, making a mental note to himself that Captain Zeiter’s rover team should receive a promotion. He stepped out of the command center, into the darkness outside. The two moons, Nessus and Pholus, floated in the sky, overlooking the dark landscape. The night air delivered vague shouting of Spartan soldiers from the distance. A new rover team was being trained.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2103 Gaians

"Lady Skye, we are receiving transmission from Lord Smacksim."

"Put him in."

"Mylady, we have just received news from our colony pod. They have succeded in traversing the fungus and they expect to exit fungal field next year. What is more important, we have discovered rainy terrain north." Lord Smacksim's voice seemed to be filled with enthusiasm.

Deirdre Skye was pleased that her children were learning to thrive without her help. "At last! Now our people will survive!"

"Lady Skye, may I request that you allow hurrying production of the terraforming unit? We are short of energy supply, and the sooner we build the solar collector the faster we can expand and develop."

"Of course. You do know that you do not need to ask for confirmation of your orders?" Deirdre kept her tone warm, although she really hoped that they would not bother her with such oprational details every day.

"My mistake," Deirdre could almost see the flush on Smacksim's face. "I did not wish to disturb you, but Lord Chaos went to join the colony pod, and I want to be perfectly sure about orders."

Deirdre smiled. "Very well, now carry on."

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2103 Angels

Another monolith … Whatever civilization that had occupied this planet before, it must have been rather fond of this area. 005 seemed to be spending a lot of time out there with the newest one. What did he think he was going to find?

Going through the days since Data Angels’ arrival on the planet, Sinder 042 admitted to himself that the luck goddess had been treating him rather nicely. Time to be careful not to abuse his luck though, he thought.

Finishing his last few keystrokes, he signed off as 042 and turned around. “You have it all to yourself now, Maki.”

This was the first time he addressed her using her name. Somehow she sensed that he would not come back. “Where are you off to?” She tried hard to stay as impassive as possible.

“It’s a secret.” He winked.

“Be careful.” Her eyes reddened when his back disappeared out of the door.
                      Last edited by Snowflake; July 30, 2004, 13:18.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2103 Morgans

CEO Chaunk walked leisurely along Fungus River. It was nice to be able to get away from the always chaotic board meeting room. CEO Chaunk smirked to himself, and savored his chocolate. The planet had turned out to be ripe for exploitation. In addition to Mount Drogue they had also been gifted a complex river system in their starting land, which would obviously facilitate transportation of units and materials, decreasing the necessity for roads. With the large energy credit they brought from Unity, they were able to concentrate more resources to scientific research without having to worry for any adverse impact on Morgans’ starting industry. Chaunk was confident that they’d see their first tech breakthrough real soon. With the money the Security Committee was also able to speedily recruit two new scout units for purpose of exploration. Reflecting upon the reports he got not too long ago about various sightings of the unity pods, Chaunk felt himself approving Nwabudike Morgan’s great foresight. Money is essential indeed.

Chaunk pondered about the current lawsuit against Morgan that he started. There were still people who did not believe their highly respected leader could ever have done the things that he was charged. Chaunk was clear that the chance Morgan would be convicted of anything was close to nil. However he would nevertheless become insignificant any more when the longwinded trial was over. Those who had led the faction through the first rough stage of survival would be the ones people trust and follow. Chaunk walked back toward the meeting room. It was perhaps time for him to announce his resignation. He was pleased that everything was progressing well according to the plan. The resignation would enable him to dodge some of the heat he was under for issuing command without board approval as well as from the Morgan trial. Time to see who’s really on his side …

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2103 Spartans

Major GeneralTacticus straightened up and circled again, keeping his eyes fixed on his opponent, a young Spartan soldier. The young man panted heavily, shifting his weight back and forth on his two legs. Suddenly GT lunged forward, ducking his head and grabbing his opponent’s forward leg, shoving his opponent down onto the mat. He felt a hard blow to one shoulder, as if he had been hit with a sharp stone. The soldier squirmed fiercely under him, but GT quickly wrapped his arms and legs around his opponent, keeping close against his center of gravity. “Surrender, soldier!” GT shouted. “No!!!” The soldier screamed while violently trying to jab his elbows at GT.

GT held the young man in a submission hold tightly for a couple of minutes, feeling the body under him like a wild animal that was captured. He suddenly released the hold and sprung back. “Get him away!” The young soldier lunged toward him with hot red eyes when two soldiers came and grabbed his arms, dragging him away.

He’d make a fine soldier. GT wiped his sweat with a white towel. A messenger came in and saluted, “Lt. Colonel Maniac is here and he wanted to see all the officers, Sir!” GT nodded. What is Maniac doing here in Santiago Citadel? He frowned.

“Thunder!” The guard shouted to GT. “Lightning.” GT answered.

“Major GeneralTacticus.” The guard saluted and GT casually signaled back. He went in the temporary hub that was used as the command center for the newly founded base. Major Jamski, Major Skanky Burns, Major Googlie and Lt. Commander Dissident were already there.

“I don't amwat to talk allt ahtz, But what wis ther quickest way to getot IMOACR WARPIN!? Thasts wahapt er wanrt! thane we can co anc give the ozerh tofactions a gpod KILIBN!” Jamski spoke with a square bottle of xenobrew in his hand.

Maniac dismissed Jamski’s rambling and turned into GT. “We are planning the next research direction. What is your thought on what we should be doing after we get Centauri Ecology next year?”

GT quickly calculated in his mind. “The Spartans have never focused on scientific research before. Our scientists need time to improve themselves. In the mean time, I’m confident that there would be other factions that have survived the planet fall. I suggest that after we have researched CentEcol we first research Doctrine: Flexibility. We already have the prerequisite tech Doctrine: Mobility, so it shouldn't take too long. Then when we get DocFlex, we should build some gun foils. Their task should be to explore and find other factions. If they are friendly to us, they'll hopefully be willing to trade the prerequisites of IndAut to us in exchange for the valuable tech of DocFlex, and we won't be left behind.”

Maniac nodded approvingly, “Just in case they refuse to trade though, probably after we get DocFlex we'd better start researching to PlaNets ourselves, so that if necessary we can build probes to obtain IndAut by other means.”

“Good point,” interjected Lt. Commander Dissident, “If we have any serious desires to attack another faction, nonlinear mathematics is a must.” He waved his right hand to emphasis his point.

The room fell to a moment of silence when everybody was considering this serious proposal. “Hmmm, I don't think we are really in a position yet to take on anybody. I would go with Maniac's tech beeline, so my vote for next tech would go to Social Psych.” Major Skanky Burns pondered.

“Not Social Psych,” Major Googlie corrected, “We are going to get Centauri Ecology next year, and will switch to Doc Flex, then beeline to Planetary Networks thereafter.”

“It’s decided, then.” Maniac stood up and looked at the majors in the eye, reinforcing his authority. “Meeting adjourned.”

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2104 Gaians

An earthquake rattled Fallow Time in the second morning that the new base was founded. The exaughsted girls and boys were deep in their dreams for the first time, away from the worry about possible mindworm attacks when suddenly the ground shook violently, sending them to the floor from their beds. The entire base went into chaos once again. Julius started to wonder if he should ask Lord Chaos Theroy to change his name. But he felt relieved when everything calmed down and he leant that nobody was hurt during the incident.

It was reported that the earthquake was triggered by the Gaians scout investigating a malfunctioned unity pod. The Gaians high council commenced a temporary halt to all investigations toward unity pod.

Grapes were planted at Fallow Time in memory of this incident.
                            Last edited by Snowflake; July 30, 2004, 14:46.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

2104 Angels

… The coastline … a new river … It’s quite short … 003’s fingers danced on her touch pad, revealing frames after frames of images, and sending out responsive commands out to different ends of the network. Our little empire. She mused to herself. She couldn’t wait to see more of what was out there. Perhaps she should allocate some energy credits to hurry the probe team trainings.

003 wished that she could have somebody to talk about it. She really missed 042. It seemed that her recently assigned second 005 was never in this operation room. I bet he was wandering around his monoliths again. She wondered if there was another monolith hiding in that little patch of fungus. The poisonous fungal emissions were too strong for the scout to close in right now. 003 started to feel a little frustrated while her fingers continuously manipulated the dataclouds. … Ahh, Nessus Canyon. Her eyes were caught by a little dent in the map and her spirit was lifted up a bit remembering what 042 had told her before. Could be a good base site around there. The minerals would definitely help.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X