Slic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Martin,

The first bit, disasters is followed by if statements that give a 1 in (PlagueChance) of events happening each turn. There are 3 good and 2 bad events based on the old disatsers code and also involve a spec effect on your capital that looks like a wonders size avi. So there is a 1/80 or 1/120 chance of plague in turn depending on the game year.

It sems to be working ok as is but I will have to play the current test for a while to gauge.

I will change the sencond line as suggested, knew it was something obvious that i overlooked.
    Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp

BTW E, did you see my comment re bad shadow files in the sprite editor thread? I am sure the bad shadows come from running makespr in win XP.
      I saw it and commented on it. I use xp and I didnt have that problem. I made them with makespr and saw the lines in sprite edit and it was a problem in the game. Once I fixed the pixels on the edges the problem was fixed. Are you working on new graphics, I might be able to help (but more so in a few months)
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Stankarp,

How is the mod coming along? With some of the new changes coming out I'm itching to make a mod myself (but I got to do graphics first and learn SLIC better). Can you post some of the SLIC files you've made?

I'm looking to do some new SLICs:

RefugeesI'm thinking of taking the Patisian.slc if I can find it and have refugees made that if killed cost gold andd make people unhappy, something to complicate the modern age)

Guerrillas something for the modern age too, but just like Alex barbspawn where you have to hunt down the leaders. I'm looking to do the same for terrorists but have them create bombard units.

Resources i like what you did but I'm thinking of taking the point scoring from alex and have the system calculate the values but then modify the upgrade.slic so you can upgrade units to special units depending on your resource.
        It should work like some of the abstracts on resources already talked about but it will have a small spreadsheet tracking each point and then when you upggrade it will deduct points based on the hungershield value per unit.
        Code wise i'm thinking of using the hasgood and and the cityscore code and then linking it to the upgrade.slic. i may need a lot of help with this but one concern I have is how to create a button so the player can access the upgrade when they want to instead of the random pop-up in the upgrade text. I know Flinx added a new tab through the slic code, but I think I may have to beg to allow that ability to be available through SLICing.

I have a few other ideas that I'll post later, but I'm seeing if any experienced SLIC could comment on some ideas.

Comment

Stankarp,

How is the mod coming along? With some of the new changes coming out I'm itching to make a mod myself (but I got to do graphics first and learn SLIC better). Can you post some of the SLIC files you've made?

I'm looking to do some new SLICs:

RefugeesI'm thinking of taking the Patisian.slc if I can find it and have refugees made that if killed cost gold andd make people unhappy, something to complicate the modern age)

Guerrillas something for the modern age too, but just like Alex barbspawn where you have to hunt down the leaders. I'm looking to do the same for terrorists but have them create bombard units.

Resources i like what you did but I'm thinking of taking the point scoring from alex and have the system calculate the values but then modify the upgrade.slic so you can upgrade units to special units depending on your resource.
          It should work like some of the abstracts on resources already talked about but it will have a small spreadsheet tracking each point and then when you upggrade it will deduct points based on the hungershield value per unit.
          Code wise i'm thinking of using the hasgood and and the cityscore code and then linking it to the upgrade.slic. i may need a lot of help with this but one concern I have is how to create a button so the player can access the upgrade when they want to instead of the random pop-up in the upgrade text. I know Flinx added a new tab through the slic code, but I think I may have to beg to allow that ability to be available through SLICing.

I have a few other ideas that I'll post later, but I'm seeing if any experienced SLIC could comment on some ideas.

Comment

Hi E,

My mod unfortunately is too big to publish on Apolyton. Cut down to its minimum, it would be nearly 100 meg. I have 50 meg in special effect sprites which are in effect, small AVI's that play when you get disasters, good events, a leader dies, you capture a capital or kill an AI and when Attila the Hun arrives or dies.

If you can help me with some graphics, I could post you a disk. I have a few sprites where I have those shadow lines and I have fixed some but have been concentrating on Slic. However, I am not so good at it (Slic) where I have to declare identities of players, still having trouble, thats where I want it to effect other than the human player.

The best updater is in Peter Trigg's CTC mod, I am using a copy of it. You simply click on the sentinel button if a unit is in a city or fortress and it upgrades if you have the advance and necessary gold. Great feature. You just change the data arrays to suit your game. When you see it, its obvious how to change it. There are data statements at the start in blocks of 4, giving the advance, old unit, new unit and cost, then further down the code is a list of the advances. You only need to change these.

Comment

stankarp,

Thanks for info. If anything I'd love to see only your slic files or a list of what you used.

I'd like to help with graphics but right now by resources are limited (I waiting on my townhome to be built and all my stuff is in storage) but after that I'll be happy to help. In fact I'm hoping Martin the Dane will release a new build of his sprite editor...

PS I saw the religion.slic and I think it would be great to modify it and make it like Nationality in Civ3. Except I'm going to make the refugees do the "converting" (when it gets to modern ages). But thats still a ways away, I'll work on graphics first (clean up my terrain stuff, then sprites) and SLIC a bit a long the way.

Comment

OK,

When you are ready.

As a matter of interest, where is the "Religion.slic"?

Comment

The slic files I used where Cradle 130B as a base.

Then I changed a heap. Give me your email address and I'll email you the readme.

Comment

Religion SLIC is in the files section under mods.

Comment

hey - cool if Pedrunn's and my work will be of use for you - if you need any help with the religion slics, just ask - I think I'll be able to remember what I did

Comment

cool mapfi,

actually I'd like to just trim it to simulate Civ3-ish (but better) nationality concept. If you got any ideas please add...

Comment

Actually, I was thinking about it and thought that there should be 4 religions, rather than 1 per starting player, this sort of includes a culture component as well. Too many religions would be a bit complicating.

Say East(hindu/budhism), West(chrisitanity), Middle(islam), and pagan (other). You select yours but ai is random.

I havnt read the code fully, but though it might be easy to trim it down to that. This would then have 2 ramifications-
                          1) civs of the same religion would be a little friendlier than normal frenzy, and
                          2) captured cities of a different religion would have an extra unhappiness until converted, either by a lot of gold or gradually by a cleric/prophet.

Comment

Then of course you have to be able to build a religious war which when built, is a unit a bit like a diplomat and when it arrives at a ai of the same religion causes them to declare war on a nominated target of a diferent religion.

Comment

That would be cool. If possible I'd like to see the Religion SLIC "split" to have more religion aspects and have a separte nationality SLIC as well.

I was also thinking abot having culture, but I wanted to make cultural buildings that created culture points and at a certain number of points it would randomly pick either: nothing, a special attribute, or a great leader.

the attributes would be kind of like Civ3, but better since ctp2 is so moddable, insteadof preset each civ gets an attribute at certain points and as time goes on it creates different bonuses. i.e. Agraria eventually goes to better farms in later ages, or sea faring better ships. Just to add a different feel.

Comment

Hi E,

I always thought that the culture issue in civ 3 was unrealistic. Can anyone point out where people of different cultures voluntarily merged? History is riddled with examples of the opposite, and many wars were fought because if this difference. Cultural difference may lead to economic refugees going to a more prosperous culture, but not merging.

Comment

Working...
                                X