Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A word of warning about culture flips: I just got a city through a flip without being given a chance to refuse it or even, that I noticed, being notified that the flip had occurred. Those of you playing under the default AU 601 rules where accepting flips isn't allowed may want to watch for that. (Presumably, what you'd have to do to stick to the original intent is give the flipped city back.)

Comment

I've now uncovered the entire continent, so don't be surprised if you see me posting in some DAR 1 threads.

Comment

No spoilers, obviously. I guess the two of us are first on the scene with #2 DARs.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Hmmmmmm, on the flip.

What year are you two in, Motown and I just hit 1475BC.

We both need to get going on Dars
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Mid-first millenium AD.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
              Hmmmmmm, on the flip.

What year are you two in, Motown and I just hit 1475BC.

We both need to get going on Dars
              The flip occurred in AD 500. Right now, it's Theseus's turn in AD 640.

Comment

Sabrewolf, would you please add links to the four SP DAR threads I started (1A, 1B, 1C, and 2) to the first post in this thread?

Comment

ok, first post updated again, now with the SP links (lots of them btw)

what's up with the match Nor Me vs Tarquinius? have they started?

still missing:

lots of (current) scores!

DAR threads from:
                  - conmcb25
                  - Andydog
                  - snoopy369
                  - kwpulliam1973

tracker threads from:
                  - Strollen vs smellymummy
                  - nbarclay vs Theseus

someone said they'd do without tracker thread, but i don't remember who that was
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Theseus and I aren't using a tracker thread. With just two players, I think it would be more trouble than it's worth.

To clarify what I wrote earlier about my having uncovered the map, I managed to arrange map deals with AIs to uncover the entire pangea for me in AD 570. Fortunately, the AIs between them had knowledge of all of Theseus's territory. I've had a very good REX, and Theseus and I have stayed peaceful toward each other, so the tech pace in our game has been faster than I would have expected before we started.

Comment

• the "Strollen vs smellymummy" is also going without a tracker thread

current date: 110 AD

score:
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Note that I just opened my DAR 3 thread.

Comment

• Theseus and I have now reached AD 750. Here's our scores.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Note that I just opened my DAR 3 thread.
                            now you guys are beginning to worry me

well done!
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Nathan has been worrying me for a while now.

Comment

• Imagine if you guys weren't "ambivalent".

Comment

Working...
                                X