X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

751 to 593, ouch.

Comment

We're up to AD 360 now and I just finished my first DAR and opened the thread for my second one at nbarclay DAR 2:.

Comment

Ummm... does that mean Nathan can now read my DAR?

I have a bit of a problem with that.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

ok, first post updated again...

andy and /me are up to 730bc.

nbarclay, nice spoiler image there... like looking through blinds
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            Ummm... does that mean Nathan can now read my DAR?

I have a bit of a problem with that.
            no, he can never read any of your threads as long as the game is going on.

maybe he can read other people's greek threads...

Comment

interesting to see how in some games germanics rule and in others they are puny.

but more interesting (and maybe worrying) is how rome is leading in every game where scores were posted here.
              from what i saw of greek land, it seems equal, but definatly is not different enough to suggest the massive differences (25-35% higher scores for rome). the traits shouldn't make a difference this early and the greek UU should in fact give them an advantage.

from the neutral (outsider) perspective: how do you explain it? are roman players just better at the game? or are the neighbors decisive?

Comment

The rule for DAR 1 is

DAR1: Read if you have the entire pangaea revealed, and you have reached the Middle Ages. The poster in this thread should not reveal the presence or location of any islands offshore of the pangaea, nor the presence of any strategic resources except iron and horses.
                So until I learn about the rest of the Pangea, other people's DAR 1's are off limits to me. And as sabrewolf said, Theseus's DAR 1 is off limits for the entire game. The only way there could be exceptions to those rules is if Theseus and I would agree to them.

Comment

Ohhh, sorry for the false alarm. So why did you start a second DAR if you have not seen the whole Pangaea? Was there a formal amendment that a new DAR should be started upon gundpowder (and perhaps contact with all the civs)?
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                    nbarclay, nice spoiler image there... like looking through blinds
                    What "spoiler image" are you referring to?

Comment

i was joking... i meant the things visible between the score list entries

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                        Ohhh, sorry for the false alarm. So why did you start a second DAR if you have not seen the whole Pangaea? Was there a formal amendment that a new DAR should be started upon gundpowder (and perhaps contact with all the civs)?
                        The point at which it is okay to read other people's DARs can come later than the point when it is time to start your own next DAR. For example, when a player discovers Gunpowder or discovers an offshore island, it is time to start DAR 2 whether the player finished uncovering the entire Pangea (thereby allowing him to read DAR 1's from other people's games) or not.

Comment

Ah, sorry, that was not clear to me.

Thankfully, I have an opponent who pays attention to details (heeeey, wait a minute.... ).

Comment

Look, all you Romans out there can mess with us Greeks (uh, he-elloooo, founders of just about everything your civilization is based upon, except maybe highways and traffic jams), but just come out and admit it...

You are Hades. The Devil. Satan. Beelzebub.

Need I say more?
                            Attached Files

Comment

/me says

/me predicts the future...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Theseus and I are now up to AD 500.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X