Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexman must be doing 5-tile city placement.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Does that mean you think I am too?

Edit: Now that I've just engaged in some essentially pointless small talk, it occurs to me that it might be better if we try not to clutter up the thread with such small talk. The shorter the thread is, the easier it will be for people to find information about what is actually going on in other people's games and to compare their games with others'.
      Last edited by nbarclay; July 26, 2004, 20:25.

Comment

On that note, here is the score for 410BC:
        Attached Files
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
          alexman must be doing 5-tile city placement.
          Yes, and I have the luxury slider at 100% too.

Actually, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. The difference in score is because Russ has had to fight several AI at once, which probably slowed down his expansion. Considering that, he's doing an amazing job. I had one of my cities razed by a sneak-attack in my REX phase as well, but for the most part I was at peace with the AI.

Comment

Theseus and I are now at 250 BC.
            Attached Files

Comment

Me and Dom are at 1600 BC
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

updated initial post, now with 3 games' scores
                (comments, opinions?)

i can't retrieve Punkbass2000 vs. ZargonX's turn because they only post "sent"
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Score looks goods.

Comment

Scores in our game at 730BC (we're now at 650BC):

(EDIT: screenshot deleted due to the pickiness of somebody who shall remain nameless )
                    Last edited by Aqualung71; July 28, 2004, 21:14.
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Is there much, or any, differences in the way scores are calculated between difficulty levels?

Comment

Yes, I believe scores get multiplied by a difficulty level factor ranging from 1 (for Chieftain) to 8 (for Sid).

Nice fish and horses in your screenshot, BTW.

Comment

Scores in our game at 730BC (we're now at 650BC):
                          Attached Files

Comment

So for example, I would need to multiply the Emperor game scores by 4 / 5 to get score comparable to my Monarch game? Although of course I presume this would then not reflect the fact that someone on the same "adjusted" score has performed relatively better than me because he's playing a higher difficulty level.

Comment

Yes 1 to 8 is the multiplier.

Comment

Theseus and I are now up to AD 250.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X