The Long March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long March

Retired General Goldmann Marches on Tel Aviv, demands action!

Tel Aviv.- Israel was rocked yesterday when General Goldmann and his marched on the capital with groups of disgruntled officers from his own corps in protest of the inaction of the CoS. With the population cheering him on, they all held their dead clocks up high, demanding that the war resume so that at least the country can get on with its life.

At the same time, members of the artillery and infantry paraded down the main streets in Tel Aviv to the government offices demanding that "the slacker CoS get on with his job". Most soldiers complain about the killer boredom. "It's like a war of attrition against depression. We just keep loosing more men than we can shake a stick at. Many of them, disillusioned at the lack of pace of the war have deserted and many have been quoted as on their to Vegas." Another soldier remarked "Even the Palestinians seem to have gone home. Very bizarre. I bet that if we suddenly did something we'd catch 'em with their pants down, if only because we've been sitting around doing nothing for what seems like weeks on end."

"People of Israel, it is time to move on. Not one step back!" General Goldmann added. He is also reported to have said, off the record, "All in good fun, lads."

While your at it, drag out the PM as well.

*Wanders away, but thoughts of a coup disturb his mind*
    David Disraeli
    Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

The Harmony Party is pleased that both the COS and the PM have turned from this path of war to their current path of peace (or as some may say "inaction"). The mothers of those young men who would have needlessly died wept tears of joy.

(though this lack of action will put even those most in favour of peace to sleep )
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Evil saboteurs have sent a powersurge to my home! Damned hippy communists! They fried my computer!

I'm back now, though.

Comment

*drool dribbling onto important report on desk*

oh.. crap.. What time is it? Its the same time as it was when I fell asleep! Damn CoS...
          "[A thoughtful Quote]" -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I shall return from Jerusalem to my office this coming Thursday. ( A 9 AM flight out of Ben Gurion Airport, should be fun). If the government has not recollected itself, I will join with certain other "elements" to form a new one to continue the fight for the liberation of all of Israel!!!
            David Disraeli
            Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Have I been overthrown yet???????
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Generals are only allowed to complain out loud if they bring me victories. Otherwise they should be making plans to leave the country in a hurry before I order them shot for treason and lack of initiative to open communications with me.

Comment

Well it appears the COS is back
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

As well as the PM.

*sheepishly turns back to his now quieter travel plans*
                    David Disraeli

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                      Generals are only allowed to complain out loud if they bring me victories. Otherwise they should be making plans to leave the country in a hurry before I order them shot for treason and lack of initiative to open communications with me.
                      *cheers*

I knew this might bring the CoS out of his slumber.

Comment

so would have a private message

Comment

Working...
                        X