Halo forum game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo forum game

This is (very) loosely based off of another game I used to play on a different forum while we were waiting for the Star Wars Combine to actually start working (AFAIK it still doesn't ). I thought of it last night while I was drifting off to sleep, so if it's a dumb idea forgive me .

The game has a grid like the one attached, except way bigger and not crappy. There are walls and stuff (the thick lines) and people (the colored dots). There can also be hills (dotted thick lines) which you can't shoot over (unless you're on a higher hill - but elevation is simply how many "hill" walls you are from ground level). At the start, each person picks two guns (with infinite ammo but limited clips) and gets either some number of frag or plasma grenades (GM's discretion). There can be other terrain features like rocks and stuff that you get cover from by crouching behind and stuff.

Each round, a person has three action points. You can spend these on moving, crouching, jumping, reloading, aiming, zooming, switching guns, shooting, or throwing grenades. You can spend multiple points on aiming and zooming, but everything else you can only spend one point on everything else.

Now, I have no idea what the stats should be for different guns, and what bonuses aiming should give, and stuff. Ideas are welcome.
    Attached Files

Oh come on, surely someone has something to say about this...

Comment

NO MORE FORUM GAMES

The clutter up my once-favorite forum.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Forum games rock.

Comment

This sounds interesting... I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow, when I'm not that sleepy...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Forum games rock.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
            X